Record Store Day 2018

1 hour ago, Ratsky9 said:

Jason Isbell is no longer on the main Rsd.com list. Still shows up on Bullmoose though. Isn’t a top priority but I had some interest in that one.

I was hoping to get my hands on that as well, but it doesn't seem that Isbell is very happy with it. Wonder if it's bad sound quality or if he just doesn't like the old label.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:47 AM, Dr.Kibbe said:

I was hoping to get my hands on that as well, but it doesn't seem that Isbell is very happy with it. Wonder if it's bad sound quality or if he just doesn't like the old label.

I got the cd when it came out years ago, it isn’t anything special but not terrible.  Probably just mad a label he is no longer on is releasing it

On 3/24/2018 at 12:53 PM, daegor said:

So apparently this is RSD but it's out now? /confused

Either way, I need to track it down for the exclusive Cortini track:

https://www.discogs.com/Black-Moth-Super-Rainbow-Alessandro-Cortini-Babys-In-The-Void-Ipermercato/release/11757156

R-11757156-1521852568-8691.jpeg.jpg

Tracklist

A–Black Moth Super RainbowBaby's In The Void

B–Alessandro CortiniIpermercato

Record store exclusive 7" limited to 750

I shared in the Panic Blooms thread, but just remembered to link it here. Singles 2 & 3 available here for $12 each:

https://www.spinsterrecords.com/

16 minutes ago, SpinAgain said:

Run The Jewels STD Box Set $65.55, good deal for those canucks in the group!

https://spinagainrecords.weebly.com/store/p312/Stay_Gold_Collectors_Jewel_Box_-_Run_The_Jewels_.html

Oooo, says it comes with a"shipmat"! What's that?!?

Anyone know if The Bird and the Bees Interpreting the Master's Vol 1: a Tribute to Daryl Hall and John Oates, was scratched from this years list? Can't seem to find it on the RSD website... 

EDIT: Contacted BullMoose and it did indeed get canceled. They said to look out for it maybe next month... 

Edited by AdamJNovak

On 12/04/2018 at 5:36 PM, mrewest said:

Hadn’t heard about this new Florence & the Machine single coming out.  7” clear vinyl.

No clue if this is UK only.

https://www.stereogum.com/1986767/florence-the-machines-new-single-sky-full-of-song-out-on-record-store-day/news/

The price for it in the UK is insane. £18 to £20 in stores for a 7 inch all because Universal are setting the cost so high, and lots of shops are not happy about it. So if its import only for the US it will be even more ridiculous.

13 hours ago, craigeduk said:

The price for it in the UK is insane. £18 to £20 in stores for a 7 inch all because Universal are setting the cost so high, and lots of shops are not happy about it. So if its import only for the US it will be even more ridiculous.

Lol that’s some shit.  After listening to the song it’s far from top-tier Flo anyways so even at $10 I’d pass.

10 hours ago, jackshidt said:

I am looking for a UK guy to sell me all 4 of the Sigur Ros UK RSD 2018 items.   I expect to pay a collectors price, I just want a single simple transaction.   Shipping to California.

Thanks!  

Looking at the UK list, I only saw 3 of the Sigur Ros albums. One is Jónsi and Alex. What is the 4th one?

On 4/12/2018 at 10:27 PM, e_pott said:

Anyone in the states ever ordered from SpinAgain before?

At ~$10 USD shipping that’s insanely cheap

I hear if you email the owner he can give you recommendations on other records to buy too. They really know wha they’re selling over there at SpinAgain

Is there a list or web page that shows what's exclusive and what will be released widely further down the line? Can't see anything that explicitly states this on the official UK RSD website, thought I might be just blind. Many thanks if anyone has this.

Want to decide whether I can be bothered getting up at dick o'clock...

For some reason the UK list never mentions if something is RSD first or not unlike the US list. You aren't blind, its a terrible site. I think the only thing to help you figure it out is looking at the US list RSD firsts and if they are released in the UK, then they are probably also RSD first.