Record Store Day 2018

1 hour ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

None of the stores that I want to go to received the Sufjan release, which is amazing to me since there's apparently 10,000 of them out there.

A lot of stores are still getting in major shipments late this afternoon, so I'm assuming they could very well be in those...

10k is a huge number.  They'll be everywhere.  In fact, outside of the handful of unnumbered qty titles on the list, 10k is by far the largest qty of any title on there.

Edited by frutiger75

Tried this last year, and I know its a long shot....

But to anyone in Canada, if you can get me a copy of any RSD Alexisonfire release. I will love you forever (and pay you obviously).

Its one of those bands I still haven't been able to get a single record from.  (I don't go in for non-limited variants and the such)

FIELD DAY RECORDS

20% off entire web store, starting 12 AM CST on 4/21

Including titles:
Boys Like Girls - s/t (First Press (4 available), Second Press (3 available) , Test Press (3 available))

Cartel - Honestly 7"

Red Animal War - Black Phantom Crusades (12 Available)

Charley Crockett - In The Night (Second Press - 20 Available)
Charley Crockett - Lil G.L.'s Honky Tonk Jubilee
V.A. - The Sound Of Deep Ellum

https://www.fielddayrecords.com/shop

On 4/19/2018 at 2:46 PM, lethalenforcer said:

Third Man will be putting out a surprise new release from a well-established artist next Friday 4/20. A new recording from an indie store fan favorite with a rabid cult following. The first run of this "standard edition" LP will be far from standard with the first 10k run pressed on 4/20 green vinyl. All detail concerning this release are fully confidential until midnight local time on 4/20.

So this text insinuates that stores will have green copies out of 10,000 in stores on today yet all I've seen is that select stores have only had the even more limited version. Seems like they failed to get the green edition out on the day they said it would be out. Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, thedillon said:

FIELD DAY RECORDS

20% off entire web store, starting 12 AM CST on 4/21

Including titles:
Boys Like Girls - s/t (First Press (4 available), Second Press (3 available) , Test Press (3 available))

Cartel - Honestly 7"

Red Animal War - Black Phantom Crusades (12 Available)

Charley Crockett - In The Night (Second Press - 20 Available)
Charley Crockett - Lil G.L.'s Honky Tonk Jubilee
V.A. - The Sound Of Deep Ellum

https://www.fielddayrecords.com/shop

Are those titles going up at 12AM? I don't see BLG but I see Cartel

Edited by N8TRU1

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

So this text insinuates that stores will have green copies out of 10,000 in stores on today yet all I've seen is that select stores have only had the even more limited version. Seems like they failed to get the green edition out on the day they said it would be out. Am I missing something?

I think the 10000 green are arriving at stores today. The limited are already out? And it looks like no store near where the band is from got the limited. I am probably wrong.

1 minute ago, Dunc said:

I think the 10000 green are arriving at stores today. The limited are already out? And it looks like no store near where the band is from got the limited. I am probably wrong.

Don’t know where they’re from but I thought I read somewhere the band had a say in which stores got copies? You’d think they’d choose at least one hometown store...

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

All I can guess is that the 10k green copies were a mystery to any stores interested in purchasing inventory, so not many were actually purchased and ready for release day? As of yesterday night the distribution pages still did not specify what album this even was. But then you’d assume retailers would at least be taking preorders today for copies that’d ship in a week or two.

Who knows.

20 minutes ago, riotgirl787 said:

Dealing with a terrible ear/sinus infection so I won't be able to make it out to a store early tomorrow morning :(

If anyone is willing to pick me up a Daughter and Florence + the Machine I would be ever so grateful!

Sounds like u need a boifriend, riotgurll. A/S/L?

5 hours ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

None of the stores that I want to go to received the Sufjan release, which is amazing to me since there's apparently 10,000 of them out there.

We ended up getting a ton accidentally so check in with us at http://www.1234gorecords.com/catalog if you don't find it locally.

53 minutes ago, bigdz68 said:

Sleep is from San Jose. Closest store to get copies was Last Record Store in Santa Rosa... which is about 100miles away from there. They were sold out of copies within 2hours of opening. Glad I didn't drive up there and try

Such a bummer. No store in the bay area was sent the special edition and my stores got less than 10 each of the Green vinyl.

3 hours ago, V3XED said:

Tried this last year, and I know its a long shot....

But to anyone in Canada, if you can get me a copy of any RSD Alexisonfire release. I will love you forever (and pay you obviously).

Its one of those bands I still haven't been able to get a single record from.  (I don't go in for non-limited variants and the such)

I’ll be on the lookout for you!! :) if anyone can help me out with that Casket Lottery boxset as we aren’t getting any in Canada that would be extremely appreciated.