Record Store Day 2018

On 3/20/2018 at 6:32 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

Let’s face it, no one who’s been looking forward to Blue Sky Noise actually wanted it to be an RSD release in any capacity. I’ve almost paid hundreds for it multiple times but I still wasn’t waking up at 4am to freeze my dick off for it. 

also, knowing hopeless, it will probably have 5 different variants when it does go up.

Edited by ethereal

14 minutes ago, ethereal said:

also, knowing fearless, it will probably have 5 different variants when it does go up.

You mean Hopeless. But yeah, why would they give it to RSD? Pretty much limited to one or two variants, the label basically gets zero direct sales out of it, and 90% of them will go on eBay within 24 hours. Circa usually has a RSD release but it’s always a split 7” that isn’t even close to required listening. 

9 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

You mean Hopeless. But yeah, why would they give it to RSD? Pretty much limited to one or two variants, the label basically gets zero direct sales out of it, and 90% of them will go on eBay within 24 hours. Circa usually has a RSD release but it’s always a split 7” that isn’t even close to required listening. 

yeah, hopeless, my bad.

and totally agree, especially after they spent as much time and money as they did to buy the rights for that and appendage.

really hope we hear about that reissue soon too 

5 hours ago, ethereal said:

yeah, hopeless, my bad.

and totally agree, especially after they spent as much time and money as they did to buy the rights for that and appendage.

really hope we hear about that reissue soon too 

Yep, I haven’t purchased any records in like six months or more, but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy the nicest, most deluxe version of that album. 

So apparently this is RSD but it's out now? /confused

Either way, I need to track it down for the exclusive Cortini track:

https://www.discogs.com/Black-Moth-Super-Rainbow-Alessandro-Cortini-Babys-In-The-Void-Ipermercato/release/11757156

R-11757156-1521852568-8691.jpeg.jpg

Tracklist

A–Black Moth Super RainbowBaby's In The Void

B–Alessandro CortiniIpermercato

Record store exclusive 7" limited to 750

57 minutes ago, daegor said:

So apparently this is RSD but it's out now? /confused

Either way, I need to track it down for the exclusive Cortini track:

https://www.discogs.com/Black-Moth-Super-Rainbow-Alessandro-Cortini-Babys-In-The-Void-Ipermercato/release/11757156

R-11757156-1521852568-8691.jpeg.jpg

Tracklist

A–Black Moth Super RainbowBaby's In The Void

B–Alessandro CortiniIpermercato

Record store exclusive 7" limited to 750

Single #2 of 4. There will be a third BMSR 7-inch that is an RSD exclusive.

I was able to catch this one, but missed “Mr. No One” backed with Ariel Pink last week. If anyone knows where to get one, please DO tell. 

18 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Single #2 of 4. There will be a third BMSR 7-inch that is an RSD exclusive.

I was able to catch this one, but missed “Mr. No One” backed with Ariel Pink last week. If anyone knows where to get one, please DO tell. 

I'm looking for this and the Ariel Pink split as well.

3 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

looks like there is 3 left from my old record store in Colorado http://www.beindependent.com/p/20713844/black-moth-super-rainbow-babys-in-the-void

They have three copies of “Mr. No One” that are “in store only.”

Is there someone I could talk to, on the phone, that would do a “phone order?”

Edited by Plarocks

26 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

This is in my town, I can grab you one, that would probably be easier

Thank you so much CatsNJazz!

:)

I just got off of the phone with Shawn from the Annex store, and was as nice as nice can be!

I have a BMSR/Ariel Pink on the way to me now.

I will be buying more from that store in the near future. Really great people! 

5 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Thank you so much CatsNJazz!

:)

I just got off of the phone with Shawn from the Annex store, and was as nice as nice can be!

I have a BMSR/Ariel Pink on the way to me now.

I will be buying more from that store in the near future. Really great people! 

Shawn is my good friend and taught me everything I know about buying records, I couldn't be running a record store right now without the skills I learned apprenticing under him. Glad to hear

On 3/22/2018 at 12:09 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

Don't you mean equal vision records cuz that's the label it came out on not hopeless

1 hour ago, fanboy101 said:

Don't you mean equal vision records cuz that's the label it came out on not hopeless

No, it was originally released by Atlantic. Hopeless bought the rights in 2017. Equal Vision released the Inuit Sessions EP and the first two full-lengths.