Record Store Day 2018

4 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

Where did you see that? I'll ask my record store friends

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

Jesus Christ, he's got some crazy schtick for each RSD.

user moodist had mentioned it in the Third Man Records thread. 

"Have I missed the speculation about the mystery double LP that Third Man are putting out for RSD that stores were invited to order but won't know what it is til it arrives on Friday, or is this news to everybody? "

Can anyone comment on the possibility of picking up the Chainsaw Kittens LP online?

My local record store is doing a big event and I really don't want to have to get there super early for a copy and deal with the people there to get an autograph from Wayne Coyne.  I'm not even clear on how popular/desired that pressing is. For me, its huge but I'm not sure if it's a regional thing since they're from this area.

3 hours ago, Pug__Face said:

user moodist had mentioned it in the Third Man Records thread. 

"Have I missed the speculation about the mystery double LP that Third Man are putting out for RSD that stores were invited to order but won't know what it is til it arrives on Friday, or is this news to everybody? "

It's real. Checked with my store in the UK if they knew anything about it, and they said they'd ordered and were getting copies in. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Third Man will be putting out a surprise new release from a well-established artist next Friday 4/20. A new recording from an indie store fan favorite with a rabid cult following. The first run of this "standard edition" LP will be far from standard with the first 10k run pressed on 4/20 green vinyl. All detail concerning this release are fully confidential until midnight local time on 4/20.

14 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Third Man will be putting out a surprise new release from a well-established artist next Friday 4/20. A new recording from an indie store fan favorite with a rabid cult following. The first run of this "standard edition" LP will be far from standard with the first 10k run pressed on 4/20 green vinyl. All detail concerning this release are fully confidential until midnight local time on 4/20.

I will be sadly disappointed if this is not catalog number TMR-420.

12 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

What a racist nerd 

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I was gonna post "What a fucking dweeb" then I was like "Oh, what a racist dweeb" but then I got to the end and now I'm gonna go with "What a pretentious racist ass dweeb"

(Note: not doing drugs doesn't make you a dweeb. Jack White just sounds like a fucking dweeb about it)

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I was gonna post "What a fucking dweeb" then I was like "Oh, what a racist dweeb" but then I got to the end and now I'm gonna go with "What a pretentious racist ass dweeb"

(Note: not doing drugs doesn't make you a dweeb. Jack White just sounds like a fucking dweeb about it)

Jack White would sound like a dweeb saying anything

10 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

First 10,000 on green vinyl??

1 minute ago, noname said:

First 10,000 on green vinyl??

It may seem like a lot at first, but once you learn Jack uses the first 9,000 as disposable plates for his Illuminati parties at Bohemian Grove you realize just how rare it is.