The Casket Lottery - Choose Bronze / Moving Mountains / Survival is for Cowards reissues

v600_600.jpg.jpeg    v600_600.jpg-1.jpeg   v600_600.jpg-2.jpeg

Pre-order the RFC reissues of The Casket Lottery's first three LP's here: www.runforcoverstore.com

Twenty years into its existence, The Casket Lottery is still evolving at its own pace. Over the course of four full length records, four EPs and countless other 7" singles, the Kansas City band has flirted with fidgety math rock, atmospheric explorations and anthemic singalongs, all while showcasing a masterful ability to balance world-weary heavy hearts with bombastic choruses that explode into stadium-sized fireworks displays. While the band has taken a few hiatuses over the past decade (with members contributing to other projects like Coalesce, Appleseed Cast, Able Baker Fox, Jackie Carol and singer Nathan Ellis' solo work), every return to action finds The Casket Lottery recharged and refocused, eagerly annexing new musical territories while still retaining that ragged, restless fire that sparked the band two decades prior.

This spring the band will be playing shows to help celebrate the rerelease of their first three LPs Choose Bronze (1999), Moving Mountains (2000), and Survival Is For Cowards (2002) on Boston label Run For Cover Records. The now-classic, long out-of-print albums are being repressed in limited quantities and will be available individually and in a box set available on Record Store Day 2018. Limited pre-sale is now available from Run For Cover. Tickets for the upcoming shows will be on-sale this Friday, January 12th at 10am local time (all tour dates below).

Edited by runforcover

Already own Choose Bronze, no idea why I don't already own Moving Mountains or Survival Is For Cowards. And I am a sucker for a box set. 

@runforcover will you have any in the webstore? Or are you saying we should buy the bundle right now ;)

Edited by MyEnemy

5 hours ago, jrodan said:

everyone's favorite band the casket lotter.

my favorite typo since their instagram post about the new American Pleasure Club song "New Years Day" (the song is New Year's Eve).

Sorry dude! Lot of shit to type, we all make mistakes! 

These records are going to be beautifully packaged and sound great. Really happy to be doing this :)