Opinions on off center LP stickers...

Kujako

24 minutes ago, Kujako said:

So I'm finding more and more often that the sticker on my new LPs are off center... makes my OCD itch. What's the thinking on this in general? Is it better to leave the sticker alone, or peel it off and do without? Anyone know of a good printable sticker kit to make replacements?

If it’s not actually interfering with the grooves/music on the record, then there’s absolutely nothing to worry about.

1 hour ago, Kujako said:

So I'm finding more and more often that the sticker on my new LPs are off center... makes my OCD itch. What's the thinking on this in general? Is it better to leave the sticker alone, or peel it off and do without? Anyone know of a good printable sticker kit to make replacements?

That’s not OCD

Got one on one of my favorite records/albums ever unfortunately (Mae "The Everglow")... luckily it's on side D (with the 10+ minute song), I just have to remember to take the needle off before it starts running through the label.

Edited by No This Is Patrick

When the center labels are even a fraction off center it completely degrades the audio quality. A true audiophile can hear it like nails on a chalkboard. Unless you're using a Crosley just throw those records in the trash. 

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

On 1/13/2018 at 2:16 PM, Kujako said:

It annoys me when the label is off center, but I wouldn't recommend removing it. I also wouldn't make replacements. If you remove the label or try to replace it, you'll probably decrease the value of the record.  

Use a razor and trim any parts of the label that obstruct the sound. Leave the rest however it happened to be placed.