What's your favorite vaporwave album

2814 isn’t really vapor and it’s hard to give a true recommendation when you’re only interested in what’s come out on vinyl.

this is why vapor vinyl sucks, the vast majority of people who buy it are only interested in it because it’s “popular”.

clicking the vaporwave tag on discogs might be a better starting point for you. 

4 hours ago, ethereal said:

2814 isn’t really vapor and it’s hard to give a true recommendation when you’re only interested in what’s come out on vinyl.

this is why vapor vinyl sucks, the vast majority of people who buy it are only interested in it because it’s “popular”.

I disagree with everything you just said. I'm not interested in it because it's popular. I just prefer the vinyl experience when I listen to any music. 2814 isn't vapor?

2 hours ago, Secular Haze said:

Thank you

4 hours ago, Secular Haze said:

this is a joke, right ?

and no, 2814 is not vaporwave, it is more lo-fi ambient if anything.

the vinyl “experience” lends absolutely nothing to this genre as it is supposed to sound like crap sonically. so at best your getting a cd rip of the original digital files and if you’re lucky, they might sound on par.

if you’re truly interested in discovering good music from the genre, drop the vinyl requirement. 

the best vaporwave out there doesn’t even exist on vinyl or physical media for that matter.

if you wanna play the popularity game and only listen to “trendy vaporwave” then yea, go hunt down all the vinyl releases and knock yourself out.

Just now, ethereal said:

this is a joke, right ?

the vinyl “experience” lends absolutely nothing to this genre as it is supposed to sound like crap sonically. so at best your getting a cd rip of the original digital files and if you’re lucky, they might sound on par.

if you’re truly interested in discovering good music from the genre, drop the vinyl requirement. 

the best vaporwave out there doesn’t even exist on vinyl or physical media for that matter.

if you wanna play the popularity game and only listen to “trendy vaporwave” then yea, go hunt down all the vinyl releases and knock yourself out.

I don't know even know what Vaporwave is.  I just googled "best vaporwave" and that video came up.

I came across a post on VCC (Vaporwave Cassette Club) that outlined all current vinyl releases for sale that are branded as some type of vaporwave, or future funk. I can post it if you want, I haven't had experience with every one of those albums. If I had to make my own personal 'must have' list, it'd probably look something like:

Saint Pepsi - Hit Vibes

Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe

Surfing - Deep Fantasy

2814 - Birth Of A New Day (Rain Temple and self-titled are/were available, but less essential imo)

Vaperror - Mana Pool

Catsystem Corp. - Hiraeth

Macross 82-89 - Sailorwave

Unfortunately missed out on the Macross, but I have the rest of it. Sorry if you're a hardcore vapor fan and think I'm totally wrong, there are others I frequently see in collections that I don't have that may be considered more essential, but I haven't heard em or haven't wanted to shell out. Be aware that some of these go for ridiculous prices on discogs, if they've sold out.

EDIT: I guess you could throw OPN's Replica on there too, but I have long considered it separate from that scene, personally.

Edited by HoneyFrosted

On 16/01/2018 at 6:14 AM, ethereal said:

23 hours ago, ethereal said:

this is a joke, right ?

20 hours ago, ethereal said:

FTFY

74436_max.jpg