AdBlock Extension Detected!

sketch-logo.png

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our members.

Please disable AdBlock browser extension first, to be able to use our community.

harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

On 1/13/2018 at 8:23 AM, DarrenMcCall said:

Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill (30th Anniversary Edition) @ $14.19
Price drop to new low!
Highest: $32.99
Average: $23.30
http://dealsonvinyl.com/amazon/B01I23QZ7I

On 1/13/2018 at 7:09 PM, lostcrimes said:

Can you just post the direct links tho

I don't mind the referral hustle if it's an album this good for this price. Well done. 

29 minutes ago, VinylSandwich said:

I don't mind the referral hustle if it's an album this good for this price. Well done. 

This forum has changed a lot since I first joined.   When I joined, the first several links I posted here of deals I that I saw carried the smile.amazon charity link I support with my own purchases there, and you guys went ballistic on me with downvotes.  

11 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

This forum has changed a lot since I first joined.   When I joined, the first several links I posted here of deals I that I saw carried the smile.amazon charity link I support with my own purchases there, and you guys went ballistic on me with downvotes.  

We're a pretty imbalanced bunch. Good on you using smile, though.

4 hours ago, jackshidt said:

Smile is fine, affiliate links are annoying, downvote button is gone. I've held back on saying stuff lately because I've decided just not to care anymore. I'm not a mod, so I'm not out to change this shitty forum or try to keep people from posting bad "deals" or keep things on topic.

1 hour ago, ntslash said:

I don't care what kind of links they are as long as they are good deals. If you found a great deal that saved me a bunch on a record I wanted and you made 37 cents off my purchase, that's fine with me. 

Exactly.  Oh no, not another click to get to the deal...get over it and appreciate the deal!

I couldn't care less if it is an actual good deal, then it is nothing but appreciation but the problem is the people that post those links always seem to get greedy and suddenly you are getting all these affiliated links to "deals" that are mostly just close to regular price because they want to get more money. Look at reddit for example, I would say a good 80%+ of the posts in /r/vinyldeals are either extremely mediocre to poor "deals" or are just another repost from a deal less than 24 hours before.

Smile links are an entire different thing though obviously since it is for charity so I am not going to complain about that. If the mods let this become a secondary reddit I will just unsubscribe like I did on there, not worth getting all pissed over but I hope that doesn't happen.

Edited by hype

Couple of warehouse "used - like new" deals:

Titus Andronicus - The Most Lamentable Tragedy 3LP $14.23 prime

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00WY8J11K/ref=sr_1_4_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1516045599&sr=8-4&keywords=titus+andronicus+vinyl

Titus Andronicus - [email protected] Rock: Five Nights at the Opera $7.14 prime

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01F4JYMYG/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1516045599&sr=8-2&keywords=titus+andronicus+vinyl

First time in years or at least since Amazon started putting records inside mailers inside a box did I have a poorly packaged shipment from them.  2 records came today just by themselves in a medium sized amazon box.  No padding or protection whats so ever, luckily they arrived unscathed after bouncing around together the last 2 days.

10 minutes ago, bigmanandy said:

First time in years or at least since Amazon started putting records inside mailers inside a box did I have a poorly packaged shipment from them.  2 records came today just by themselves in a medium sized amazon box.  No padding or protection whats so ever, luckily they arrived unscathed after bouncing around together the last 2 days.

My License to Ill came like that today as well, luckily it was by itself and unharmed.

1 hour ago, DarrenMcCall said:

DealsOnVinyl.com is my website. I'm not here to flood you with fake deals. I'm a vinyl lover and started this website as a way to find deals. I detect them faster than 3Camels (which sometimes doesn't even detect short-lived deals). I've opened it up to the community and I try to post only the best deals here.

Your support makes the website possible, as it personally costs me money to keep it running. Using affiliate traffic keeps me from having to beg for donations or start a Patreon. It seems like the easiest solution to me, but I'm always open to suggestions! I also get faster Amazon API access based on how much affiliate traffic I get, which means more deals!

If you want to stick a donation button up there, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would send some money your way. 

2 hours ago, MicLima said:

My License to Ill came like that today as well, luckily it was by itself and unharmed.

Yep, License To Ill was one of them. 

2 hours ago, DarrenMcCall said:

Be sure to "Leave Packaging Feedback" on the order.

Never even noticed that option before, consider it done! 

10 hours ago, VinylSandwich said:

My License to Ill arrived unharmed. No inner packaging other than four cells of the big packaging bubbles. Maybe when a record's price dips below a certain point, Amazon skimps on the packaging. 

This implies a level of forethought in packaging that I don't believe them capable of.

I've received crazy cheap records packaged well and full price records packaged so poorly I actually had to request a replacement

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

This implies a level of forethought in packaging that I don't believe them capable of.

I've received crazy cheap records packaged well and full price records packaged so poorly I actually had to request a replacement

One time I got the Hesitation Wounds 7" off warehouse deals for like $2.50 prime... I got an absurdly large box with nothing in it.

5 hours ago, MicLima said:

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Amazon has some kind of software that calculates space on each truck and uses whatever size box is needed to fill that truck, that's why Amazon boxes are all weird sizes.  Of course I could be pulling this out of my arse, TIFWIW.

You're right on the money.