harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

1 hour ago, jameshays said:

Tempted to jump on the U2 but I have a feeling we will soon see those even less. Anyone grab this?

I wish I hadn't grabbed it on an earlier sale. I got mine for 70 quid. I bet yours could be a low as 60-ish if you're in NA and a Prime subscriber.

PROS:

• It's a fantastic box, overall, in terms of presentation.
  • The bonus material is great. Especially the Outtakes and B-Sides, which are some of U2's best. Heck, even the alternate remixes LP has some interesting variations that are worth more than a single listen., even though that's the closest this box gets to "filler".
  • The remaster job is very good, overall.

CONS:

• The live show is not the complete concert, and "Bullet the Blue Sky" is from another show apparently.
  • IMO the hardcover binding of the picture book is bulky and was probably costly to produce. A heavy cardstock treatment would have been better.
  • They used the biggest pressing plant in Europe, GZ, which is known for old-school, high-volume pressings so expect a bit of surface noise depending on your set up.
Edited by armadillo01

2 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

They used the biggest pressing plant in Europe, GZ, which is known for old-school, high-volume pressings so expect a bit of surface noise depending on your set up.

Seems like you're going off of heresay. A lot of people on the board dump on GZ and URP and often have little actual knowledge about plants.  Every plant presses good and not-so-good records -- the larger the plant, the more jobs it sends out and the more "non-perfect" records it yields due to sheer volume.

I,

1. I own this set and my copy doesn't have surface noise.

2. I've had records Pressed at GZ in the past with no issues.

3. I work at a Pressing Plant in the US as an Operations Manager.

I just picked up Tom Waits - Blood Money for $11.98. If you're looking for any of the following bands/artists, I saw a bunch of their stuff for less than $15 as I was browsing. 

Ryan Adams

The Shins

The National

Deftones

Mastodon

Childish Gambino

Paul McCartney

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=s9_hps_bw_clnk?rh=n%3A14772275011&field-price-mp-owner-bin=700-1499&field-availability=1248845011&ie=UTF8

1 hour ago, yeah_totally said:

thanks for that, been holding out for one of the colored variants but this was too good to pass up

On 1/19/2018 at 3:30 PM, itsgoodtobefree said:

Apologies if already posted. Amazon UK has some crazy-ish deals on some box sets right now.
The Verve - Urban Hymns 6LP box set -- £33.99

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead 5LP box set -- £32.99

Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series Vol 1-3 5LP box set -- £30.99

Free shipping in the UK. Even come out to just ~$45 shipped in the US!

They're all part of the 40% off special, so they're legit.  More deals at this link.

Grabbed The Smiths box set. Had a £5 voucher too so worked out £27.99 shipped B)

One request:

Im from Spain and here we have Amazon.es. It would be awesome in the future that there were different subsites for each Amazon (i know that this is quite an utopia but I wanted to share it :P). In Europe we have Amazon.es, amazon.de, amazon.co.uk... And each one of them offers better shipping costs for us than Amazon.com from USA. 

Edited by dynabcn

2 minutes ago, dynabcn said:

One request:

Im from Spain and here we have Amazon.es. It would be awesome in the future that there were different subsites for each Amazon (i know that this is quite an utopia but I wanted to share it :P). In Europe we have Amazon.es, amazon.de, amazon.co.uk... And each one of them offers better shipping costs for us than Amazon.com from USA. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I plan on expanding to other regions in the future :D

3 hours ago, DealsOnVinyl said:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know I started my own thread: Deals On Vinyl

The deals that I was posting here will now be posted on the new thread. Please follow if interested. Thanks!

Why the hell couldn't you just have posted them in your original thread? You had to start a second thread? Classic.