harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

5 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

There's no reason to lock it. He created a site that populates deals. It's free. 

I mean...the point of his website is for people to use it to find deals. Why post them here when people can...y'know, just use the website.

12 minutes ago, Satan said:

Now that your statement has been said loud and clear, can we get a lock on this shit @jhulud

Could you please explain why you’re requesting a lock? 

I originally made made posts in “Some Cheap Vinyl at Amazon” thread, but some users requested I split it out to my own thread. So, here we are. I’m happy to post deals in whatever thread. 

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I mean...the point of his website is for people to use it to find deals. Why post them here when people can...y'know, just use the website.

I don’t post everything that comes up on the website, but I try to highlight some of the better deals. The point of posting is so users can get an alert (if they are subscribed) and not miss out. 

15 minutes ago, DealsOnVinyl said:

I don’t post everything that comes up on the website, but I try to highlight some of the better deals. The point of posting is so users can get an alert (if they are subscribed) and not miss out. 

I'd understand if they were just killer deals, but they're not. The whole thing comes off a little spammy.

That's all I have to say about it. You do you, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this thread eventually get locked or merged.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'd understand if they were just killer deals, but they're not. The whole thing comes off a little spammy.

That's all I have to say about it. You do you, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this thread eventually get locked or merged.

I understand what you’re saying. But I’ve only made 3 posts this week, which were all well below the average price.  So personally I wouldn’t consider that spamming.

Help me understand what you guys would like to see here. What kind of deals are you looking for?

22 minutes ago, DealsOnVinyl said:

I understand what you’re saying. But I’ve only made 3 posts this week, which were all well below the average price.  So personally I wouldn’t consider that spamming.

Help me understand what you guys would like to see here. What kind of deals are you looking for?

The kind of deal where we can hassle you if we are feeling bored.

I don't see why people are pissed about this new thread. He started in the Amazon thread, people complained. If he went to the general deals thread, people would complain. This works. Sure, they could just go to the website, but it's a new site, so it needs to be shared for people to actually know to go there. If you don't want to see all of this, maybe just don't click on the thread?

I don't see what the fuss is all about. If you don't like or want to follow the thread then don't. It's that simple. Personally I think it's nice to have in addition to the Amazon deals thread that exists. The more resources for that kind of stuff the better in my opinion.

Ghost - Popestar - $6.45 - Used Very Good

The Shins - Oh, Inverted World - $8.86 - Used Like New

Chris Staples - Golden Age - $11.11 - Used Like New

August Burns Red - Found In Far Away Places - $10.74 - Used Very Good

Pet Shop Boys - Elysium - $9.05 - Used Like New

Otep - Generation Doom - $6.44 - Used Like New

Northlane - Mesmer - $10.83 - Used Very Good

On 1/23/2018 at 5:54 PM, yeah_totally said:

This came in today. Lp was cracked right in half and the sleeve was in roughhhh shape. They're refunding me but I doubt I'll pull the trigger on any future warehouse deals. Gahh.

Damn man sorry, was the packaging fucked up by the usps too ? or just straight from amazon that way?

Edited by tlr

There's absolutely ZERO reason for this thread. It DOES come off as spammy. It's NOT genre specific so people will be wading through shit thats basically the amazon thread. Really, who on the board cares about U2? (See page 1, first post). That's all I got. If I want a deal, it'll pop up in the thread it belongs in.

3 minutes ago, Satan said:

There's absolutely ZERO reason for this thread. It DOES come off as spammy. It's NOT genre specific so people will be wading through shit thats basically the amazon thread. Really, who on the board cares about U2? (See page 1, first post). That's all I got. If I want a deal, it'll pop up in the thread it belongs in.

Yeah. Who? 

Also, considering that album was originally $40 a $25 list price is a deal.  

On 1/22/2018 at 7:59 AM, dynabcn said:

If you achieve that with Amazon Spain I promise you'll get a post in my website Binaural.es (we have 43.000 users on FB) :D 

If you post more punk deals I promise you'll get a post in my Twitter account (I have upwards of 25 followers) .  Seriously though, I am happy this thread exists.

3 minutes ago, Dunc said:

If you post more punk deals I promise you'll get a post in my Twitter account (I have upwards of 25 followers) .  Seriously though, I am happy this thread exists.

Haha. Thanks! I’m monitoring all genres and just posting what’s on sale. What are some bands you are interested in? (so I can make sure I’m watching them)