harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

47 minutes ago, LPancakes said:

mate youre 10 times more annoying than the deals guy, give it a rest

I second that. Why do I follow this thread? 

* it's called Some Cheap Vinyl at Amazon

* i get notifications of cheap vinyl

* i'm impressed anyone takes the time to post deals

* some days it rains deals, i'm happy

14 minutes ago, DealsOnVinyl said:

No problem. I'll continue on the other thread with my normal posting. I just popped over here to share some really good deals.

Don’t listen to some of these quacks. If you find deals on amazon then post them here please. If you can consolidate posts then even better. Not sure how this can possibly bother people. 

30 minutes ago, DealsOnVinyl said:

No problem. I'll continue on the other thread with my normal posting. I just popped over here to share some really good deals.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I think all the deals I have gotten over the last month or so have been from you. I have email notifications turned on, and when I can go through a read 5/10 emails that are deals, that is good news to me VS. complains about packing or whatever bullshit is normally in this thread.

I have fought with other in this thread in the past (the same people who are bitching about you) when I complained about them spamming the thread.  

I bought three records this morning that I would not have known about if it wasn't for you. Have a few cents for the referral...

4 minutes ago, genicide said:

Maybe I am in the minority, but I think all the deals I have gotten over the last month or so have been from you. I have email notifications turned on, and when I can go through a read 5/10 emails that are deals, that is good news to me VS. complains about packing or whatever bullshit is normally in this thread.

I have fought with other in this thread in the past (the same people who are bitching about you) when I complained about them spamming the thread.  

I bought three records this morning that I would not have known about if it wasn't for you. Have a few cents for the referral...

That's awesome feedback to hear. Thanks for sharing!

I'll take off work a second early today :lol:

I don't mind seeing deals, but if this person repeatedly posts in the same thread (and especially if they're using two different threads for the same posts) it pushes other threads off the front page. 

While deals are great, I'm also on the forum for news about new stuff that's coming out and I'd rather those don't get pushed off because one person doesn't have any forum etiquette/is spam promoting their website.

Maybe some of you guys only come here for all these hot three dollars off deals, but I actually visit other threads. :rolleyes:

And just for the record, I tried to privately message homeboy, but he either has me specifically blocked, or all messages blocked.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I don't mind seeing deals, but if this person repeatedly posts in the same thread (and especially if they're using two different threads for the same posts) it pushes other threads off the front page. 

While deals are great, I'm also on the forum for news about new stuff that's coming out and I'd rather those don't get pushed off because one person doesn't have any forum etiquette/is spam promoting their website.

Maybe some of you guys only come here for all these hot three dollars off deals, but I actually visit other threads. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to spam promote my website. I'm just trying to share deals while supporting the application that finds these deals.

I'd much rather just post direct links. But as I mentioned before, Amazon doesn't allow affiliates to post direct links to Amazon (I have to link my website). Doing so allows me to continue to have access to Amazon's Pricing API and it gives me faster API access (more/faster deals!) 

I hear you though, I'll do my best to consolidate my posts. I was originally sharing a few deals, which turned into several, which turned into a mega-post. The price drops came out of no where. 

Just now, Rezqua said:

On my phone so I can't easily link but Pretty Odd is like  $11 and it's a fantastic record that everyone needs to own

It's in the mega post above. I've been editing it as more deals come up.

The Black Keys - Brothers - $14.70 (Prime) - http://amzn.to/2DQJsTM

Oasis - Heathen Chemistry - $14.81 (Prime) - http://amzn.to/2GyHHMQ

Radiohead - Hail To The Thief - $14.85 (Prime) - http://amzn.to/2GBhltB

Star Wars: Rogue One (Soundtrack) - $13.98 (Prime) - http://amzn.to/2Gz9SLR

Edited by aju2streets

12 minutes ago, slinch said:

Can we get "amazon" back in the title? There's also a non-amazon thread and it'd be easier to distinguish.

Seriously. Is this new title a joke? If you're not trying to spam promote your website, why not just keep all of your affiliate links in your own thread? Instead you need to fill up the regular thread with your affiliate links. If people want to see your links they can look at your thread, while the rest of us can check the regular Amazon thread, like we always have.

No idea what happened here. Were the Amazon thread and this spammer one merged into one? Must've been done while I was asleep or something. I woke up this morning to a bunch of complaints and reported posts & threads and DOV guy was restricted from posting.

:huh:

2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

No idea what happened here. Were the Amazon thread and this spammer one merged into one? Must've been done while I was asleep or something. I woke up this morning to a bunch of complaints and reported posts & threads and DOV guy was restricted from posting.

:huh:

I didn't get any messages from any admins/mods. But somehow the threads got merged :huh:

I'm seriously not trying to spam. @jhulud since you're here now, should I just stick to my own thread, or not post links to my website at all?

I'm so fucking mad I missed that Disintegration price. Amazon removed the listing too, so I can't lock in the price for when they restock.

That Tom Petty is out of stock, but I ordered it so hopefully they get more soon. Been waiting for that to drop to around $15 so $16 ain't bad.

13 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Seriously. Is this new title a joke? If you're not trying to spam promote your website, why not just keep all of your affiliate links in your own thread? Instead you need to fill up the regular thread with your affiliate links. If people want to see your links they can look at your thread, while the rest of us can check the regular Amazon thread, like we always have.

New title wasn't my choice. I made my own thread dedicated to the stuff I was posting. No clue what happened.

I had several users over there asking me to move back, so I popped back over here... now asked to go back :huh:

Deals on vinyl dude: please do megaposts like you did above rather than individual posts for everything. I appreciate what you and everyone in the Amazon thread do. I ain't got time for looking for deals and shit, so it's awesome to have this resource. BUT people get salty and it's harder to navigate through when there are a billion posts. Huge list tho? Hell yeah, I'll even go through your referral link.

these links are a godsend. I had an amazon gift card from christmas that I was hemming and hawing about, but just today I spent all of it in one go. Bought eight albums for a cool thirty bucks in the end. For some reason today is a storm of excellent deals.  I know there's a number of ways to track the pricing but I'm always on VC when I'm online anyway so this thread is very convenient. 

I agree that Amazon should probably be in the title somewhere, and that bulk links are better than individual posts (that have been annoyingly double posted).  But this person has a working, updating deals machine that also costs money. If you don't like his links, nothing's stopping you from directing yourself to amazon yourself, right? Bringing the deals to the attention of the public of VC is what it's about.