harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

3 hours ago, untiliwakeup said:

David Bowies low & heroes remasters are only $13 right now for preorder 

"Heroes" (2017 Remastered Version)(Vinyl) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0791XK5S9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_3KhFAbJE949RZ

Thanks!  I've been holding off on ordering these since I kept seeing some of the older reissues hit a pretty low mark, figured these would as well.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, DecayToDeath said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RZ0KW8/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

I want one but only if it's the Warp press and the Amazon page isn't making that distinction easy. Anyone know?

Is there a significant sound difference b/w the '101 distribution' and the Warp press?  I have the '1972' press of SAW II and it sounds like shit, surface noise from start to end on a quiet album.

Battlefield 1 - Original Soundtrack - $6.38 - Used Very Good

Method Man - The Meth Lab - $9.25 - Used Like New

Kings Of Leon - Walls - $11.57 - Used Like New

PVRIS - All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell - $13.05 - New (Lowest)

Gerard Way - Hesitant Alien - $10.86 - New

Iron & Wine - WOMAN KING - $8.98 - New

MXPX - Plans Within Plans - $8.75 - New OOS

4 hours ago, floyd_z said:

Is there a significant sound difference b/w the '101 distribution' and the Warp press?  I have the '1972' press of SAW II and it sounds like shit, surface noise from start to end on a quiet album.

There's no Discogs listing for a pressing under 101 which is why I'm confused. There is, however, a 1972 so I'm assuming it's that.

9 hours ago, floyd_z said:

Note: I have the original black SAW II, and it is not a quiet pressing either, with all kinds of “pits” in the vinyl. However, that one is “listenable” and “enjoyable,” but don’t go into it expecting an “audiophile” pressing.

I heard the brown copy sounds worse. <_<

5 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Note: I have the original black SAW II, and it is not a quiet pressing either, with all kinds of “pits” in the vinyl. However, that one is “listenable” and “enjoyable,” but don’t go into it expecting an “audiophile” pressing.

I heard the brown copy sounds worse. <_<

Wow really?  I was always under the impression that it was a really good pressing.  The whole thing needs to be recut and repressed.  That and Drukqs, I don't understand why Warp has repressed everything but Drukqs.

1 hour ago, floyd_z said:

Wow really?  I was always under the impression that it was a really good pressing.  The whole thing needs to be recut and repressed.  That and Drukqs, I don't understand why Warp has repressed everything but Drukqs.

I would say it is “good,” just not “really good,” as the quality control was lacking, at least on my copy. 

But, I still enjoy it. :)

I guess when I paid around $30 for it, back when it was new, I was just hoping for a “cleaner” press.

Still better than the “1972” pressing, as most of their releases are mastered from the CD.

1 minute ago, Plarocks said:

I would say it is “good,” just not “really good,” as the quality control was lacking, at least on my copy. 

But, I still enjoy it. :)

I guess when I paid around $30 for it, back when it was new, I was just hoping for a “cleaner” press.

It's unfortunate but I've heard there really isn't a great pressing of SAW II :/

29 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Good deal on Iron Maiden - Killers for $12.48. I hope the other remasters start dropping in price.

https://www.amazon.com/Killers-LP-Iron-Maiden/dp/B00MIWRN8A/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1518278150&sr=8-1

Nice! This dropped price last year but was cancelled cuz they couldn't fulfill it. Thx!

1 hour ago, j67ab said:

+1 on Drukqs, it’s a white whale for me and I bet would sell well. What was retail when it was out?  $60? 

I paid $25 for mine but my buddy worked at the shop I bought it from and I think he charged me a little above their cost. So I'm guessing it was probably around $35-40 or so.

Dum Dum Girls - He Gets Me High - $7.90 - Used Like New

Issues - Black Diamonds - $8.73 - Used Like New

Built To Spill - Untethered Moon (Black or Transparent Blue Colored Vinyl w/Bonus CD) - $12.34 - Used Like New

Hauschka - What If - $9.04 - Used Very Good

Otep - Generation Doom - $6.44 - Used Like New (Back Again)

J. Dilla: Beats Batch 2 Vinyl 10" - $10.61 - Used Like New

Joan Jett - The First Sessions (Colored Vinyl) - $6.96 - Used Like New

Diiv - Oshin - $14.82 - Used Like New

Edited by tlr

More metal for ya. Kreator - Pleasure to Kill $15.83 remaster 2 lp. It's currently out of stock, but a great price to lock in and you get your instant download. Win. 

https://www.amazon.com/Pleasure-Kill-2-LP-Set-Kreator/dp/B06Y4861MY/ref=sr_1_4_twi_lp__3?ie=UTF8&qid=1518314896&sr=8-4&keywords=kreator

24 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

More metal for ya. Kreator - Pleasure to Kill $15.83 remaster 2 lp. It's currently out of stock, but a great price to lock in and you get your instant download. Win. 

https://www.amazon.com/Pleasure-Kill-2-LP-Set-Kreator/dp/B06Y4861MY/ref=sr_1_4_twi_lp__3?ie=UTF8&qid=1518314896&sr=8-4&keywords=kreator

Thanks! Been looking for these for cheap for a while.