harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

9 hours ago, kylet said:

IMG_3669_zpshqawqrlt.jpg
IMG_3671_zpsvsmay67o.jpg
IMG_3673_zpsm0zsxler.jpg

I feel bad for those of you who get screwed by amazon returns. I seem to always get someone cool as hell. Throw the record away, sending a replacement, $15 credit for "my troubles" lol

this hurts to look at considering thats one of my top 5 records all time 

21 minutes ago, kylet said:

It felt weird throwing it in the garbage, but I couldn't really think of anything else to do with it.

I have a local DIY spot where we hung up a busted record from a band that played there. That's the only thing I can think of. The last time I got a busted record in the mail it was covered with maple syrup and my local USPS got an attitude with ME about it.

23 hours ago, N8TRU1 said:

I have a local DIY spot where we hung up a busted record from a band that played there. That's the only thing I can think of. The last time I got a busted record in the mail it was covered with maple syrup and my local USPS got an attitude with ME about it.

haha. The USPS boggles my mind sometimes. 

Seeing the bent stuff....I chatted up my "local" Amazon rep to point out that their couriers were doing a pretty terrible job of deliveries on Sundays....

My last one was half in the door and half out of the door...the one before that...two boxes on the porch in front of the door.

They gave me a $5 credit that I'd forgotten about...used that towards my new vinyl rack today. :)

On 4/5/2018 at 6:28 PM, rhcp02 said:

Snagged this and got it today.  Minus a corner ding on the box which I could care less about it’s like new.  For picture discs it sounds pretty good too!  Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by ZeroNowhere

13 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Snagged this and got it today.  Minus a corner ding on the box which I could care less about it’s like new.  For picture discs it sounds pretty good too!  Thanks for the heads up.

I got this set via an amazon warehouse deal a couple years back and the records, glossy sleeves, and box were like new; but the paper sleeves the records came in looked like somebody crumpled them up and the smoothed them back out. 

On 4/13/2018 at 2:14 PM, SeanPuffy said:

Allen Ginsberg - ...Reads Howl & Other Poems Deluxe Box (Translucent Red) - $18.45 https://amzn.to/2qtXfuP

This was over $40 when it went up for pre-order so I canceled it hoping the price would drop... low and behold.

Holy shit, I just spent $45 on it from BM 

Bit of a bummer but I would definitely jump on it, it's a great set

4 hours ago, Multiverse said:

Holy shit, I just spent $45 on it from BM 

Bit of a bummer but I would definitely jump on it, it's a great set

Didn't even know this existed, really, so I definitely just bought it. I THINK I saw an add for it on Facebook, but either way, it sounds like it's awesome. $18 shipped is not too shabby. It'll go nicely in my collection.

On 4/6/2018 at 5:40 PM, kylet said:

IMG_3669_zpshqawqrlt.jpg
IMG_3671_zpsvsmay67o.jpg
IMG_3673_zpsm0zsxler.jpg

I feel bad for those of you who get screwed by amazon returns. I seem to always get someone cool as hell. Throw the record away, sending a replacement, $15 credit for "my troubles" lol

Those mailers are the fuckin’ worst.