日本語のテキストと帯状のもの

31 minutes ago, ShitPost Malone said:

Will vaporwave still exist when the records arrive?

not sure if you’re trolling or whatever but vaporwave has been around for much longer than this thread and BOAD hype. It’s actually at its height currently and hasn’t really shown signs of slowing down.

37 minutes ago, ShitPost Malone said:

Just asking questions.

They will open your neck and shit down your throat for reminding them to maybe just MAAAAAYBE Dm rather than spam the thread with group-buy chatter because they're so hyper-focussed on getting, then peacocking, their /5 variant of whatever the fuck sold out in 7 minutes that week, so they certainly don't have the chill, nevermind the presence of mind to remember nor explain that the whole genre is a critique of consumer capitalism to begin with and that the OESB dumpster-fire situation aside, it's all supposed to be "one big laff" as the Brits say

Edited by armadillo01

12 minutes ago, Jetboy said:

That whole idea of the genre being anti-capitalist is a joke I hope you know.

Not really, though. Deliberate irony & layering the seriousness with a whole bunch of non-seriousness and a constant, deliberate bait-and-switch about the meaning of the genre is not exactly the same as "a joke". Those are Surrealist tactics dating back almost a century.

You COULD argue that most artists associated with the genre today are making serious music. I mean, I saw Blank Banshee live. I get how it's more than an art project/theory for far-left electronic music geeks now. But the origins matter.

This is all contained in the Wikipedia entry fwiw.

Edited by armadillo01

9 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

They will open your neck and shit down your throat for reminding them to maybe just MAAAAAYBE Dm rather than spam the thread with group-buy chatter because they're so hyper-focussed on getting, then peacocking, their /5 variant of whatever the fuck sold out in 7 minutes that week, so they certainly don't have the chill, nevermind the presence of mind to remember nor explain that the whole genre is a critique of consumer capitalism to begin with and that the OESB dumpster-fire situation aside, it's all supposed to be "one big laff" as the Brits say

I’m mainly just wondering why those who are least interested in vaporwave vinyl releases and info are intent on multi-posting in the thread about how vaporwave isn’t a real genre, or it’s too many layers of irony, or something. If you don’t like it, don’t look at the thread. Some of us just enjoy the music, want to be updated on new releases, and participate in group buys so we don’t have to shell out 120 bucks for 3 records. Philosophical critiques of the genre, meta complaints about the thread itself are off topic and go elsewhere. Post some releases already.

11 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

11 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Not really, though. Deliberate irony & layering the seriousness with a whole bunch of non-seriousness and a constant, deliberate bait-and-switch about the meaning of the genre is not exactly the same as "a joke". Those are Surrealist tactics dating back almost a century.

You COULD argue that most artists associated with the genre today are making serious music. I mean, I saw Blank Banshee live. I get how it's more than an art project/theory for far-left electronic music geeks now. But the origins matter.

This is all contained in the Wikipedia entry fwiw.

2 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Bc saying "vaporwave is dead" is the Top 1 meme associated w/ the genre.  /ou could say you find it annoying but it's very much "on brand" or "on-topic" to ask if it's died on the reg.

you seriously need to get a life man.

the whole “I know everything about everything by reading Wikipedia” is cringe af and 98.99% of  the time you just talk out your ass to post something and have someone give you attention.

seriously though, log out for a few days, it will do you some good.

you contribute nothing (good) to VC.

8 minutes ago, ethereal said:

you seriously need to get a life man.

the whole “I know everything about everything by reading Wikipedia” is cringe af and 98.99% of  the time you just talk out your ass to post something and have someone give you attention.

seriously though, log out for a few days, it will do you some good.

you contribute nothing (good) to VC.

Was thinking exactly this. 

May your vaporwave be mighty on this Saturday night.

FML, I almost forgot.  In order to comply with @HoneyFrosted's rule of "Post some releases already," I will include a link in each post. 

Vaporwave Vinyl: https://www.amazon.com/Heart-Emoji-Vaporwave-Neons-Instant/dp/B079V1L1ML/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1526172835&sr=8-9&keywords=vaporwave+vinyl 

Edited by ShitPost Malone

My Pet Flamingo Vinyl Group Buy

Taking orders on these two new vinyl releases now!

Email me at [email protected] to officially place your order!

WFD - SWAG Vinyl LP = $27 + S/H

synchro//start Vinyl LP = $27 + S/H

• Shipping = $5 + $1 for each additional vinyl

($44 each from the label otherwise!)

21 minutes ago, ethereal said:

who hurt you? you were actually half decent as secular haze but now you’re just a shitposting asshole. please fuck off

Hey pal, if I want to post vaporwave related material in a vaporwave thread, I'm going to exercise that right. Please direct your temper tantrum towards the mods or change the title of the thread to "Who wants in on a group buy?" 

Edited by Vaporwave Meme Poster

16 minutes ago, Vaporwave Meme Poster said:

Hey pal, if I want to post vaporwave related material in a vaporwave thread, I'm going to exercise that right. Please direct your temper tantrum towards the mods or change the title of the thread to "Who wants in on a group buy?" 

so our group buys made you the little bitch you are now? lol go beat off in a Ghost thread or something.

• jhulud locked this topic
  • jhulud unlocked this topic