PO Soon: Hop Along - Bark Your Head Off, Dog (April 6)

1 hour ago, bluethumb said:

I agree with others that the album builds really well, it definitely lived up to my expectations. Even though I don't love every track (yet), I cant get enough of that soulful, wandering voice - the last track is my favorite of the album.

its true - tracks 3 and 4 dont really hold up to most of the rest of the album after 3-4 listens... but thats just my ever-changing opinion, which will likely change on the next listen. theres some really special stuff on here though - and it starts with tracks 1 and 2 I think. already seeing this as my sioux falls - "rot forever" of 2018.

13 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Checked out some samples from this because of all the hype, and yeah, I’m picking this up tomorrow if my shop has it.

I also wouldn't skimp on their last 2 albums, at least.  (I still haven't fully managed to click with their 2006 debut.)  2015's Painted Shut and 2012's Get Disowned are fantastic, though maybe not as immediately gratifying as Bark.  Both are super easy to find for cheap, too.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I also wouldn't skimp on their last 2 albums, at least.  (I still haven't fully managed to click with their 2006 debut.)  2015's Painted Shut and 2012's Get Disowned are fantastic, though maybe not as immediately gratifying as Bark.  Both are super easy to find for cheap, too.

Have actually had “Painted Shut” in my Amazon wish list for a little while but haven’t pulled the trigger on it.  More than likely will grab that tomorrow as well if my shop also has that.

1 hour ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

its true - tracks 3 and 4 dont really hold up to most of the rest of the album after 3-4 listens... but thats just my ever-changing opinion, which will likely change on the next listen. theres some really special stuff on here though - and it starts with tracks 1 and 2 I think. already seeing this as my sioux falls - "rot forever" of 2018.

For me the first two were the weakest at first and the record felt like it locked in by track 3 for that better, better, best progression the tracks seem to take. But now the opener is a favorite haha it's hard even deciding what's not as great as the rest.

6 hours ago, sogross said:

Can anyone confirm that the indie orange actually exists?

It does.  Bought it at my store this past weekend.  Advertised as "indie exclusive orange" on the sticker and that's indeed what it was.

Just got finished listening to this for the first time by the way.  Goooooddaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

So apparently there is another /500 variant for Vinyl Me Please on half green/half pink. I was able to secure a copy after market for a fair price that must've been given to a subscriber since it's not on the website yet. However, on the VMP website there's a banner AD that says "Available 4/17 - click here to buy" but when you click it, it just takes you to their store, that doesn't have the product listed. So... not sure what this variant is or was.

Anyway, here's a picture below. I think it looks pretty cool with the artwork/label the more I look at it

R-11860779-1523651825-2882.jpeg.jpg

5 hours ago, corey. said:

So apparently there is another /500 variant for Vinyl Me Please on half green/half pink. I was able to secure a copy after market for a fair price that must've been given to a subscriber since it's not on the website yet. However, on the VMP website there's a banner AD that says "Available 4/17 - click here to buy" but when you click it, it just takes you to their store, that doesn't have the product listed. So... not sure what this variant is or was.

Anyway, here's a picture below. I think it looks pretty cool with the artwork/label the more I look at it

These didn’t go on sale yet. You likely bought it off someone who plans to buy it from the store on Tuesday. 

15 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

These didn’t go on sale yet. You likely bought it off someone who plans to buy it from the store on Tuesday. 

I bought it off someone who has it in hand

Edit: He definitely had it in hand and already shipped it, but it was because he won it in a give-away from VMP and got it early. So I assume it will be available to the public still.

Edited by corey.

On 4/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, corey. said:

https://www.discogs.com/Hop-Along-Bark-Your-Head-Off-Dog/release/11860779

Added to Discogs even when it hasn't been released yet?...

On 4/15/2018 at 7:50 PM, colbourne25 said:

Nah it doesn't bother me... just wondering where someone has gotten the info from... saul goodman

Well if you saw the post above, someone got a copy early from a giveaway to VMP members and VMP advertised it before it went up (because it still hasn't) and we're looking at a picture of it.