Sign in to follow this  
@chasing_pluto

"What's Going On" misprint (w/Baby Driver soundtrack)

Hi, first post ever.

I just received a new copy of "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye that I bought on Amazon.   Side 1 played as expected.  But then when I started playing Side 2, instead of hearing "Right On," I was greeted with "Neat Neat Neat" by The Damned!  Color me confused.  To add to the confusion, the next song that came on was "Easy" by The Commodores!  It turns out, my Side 2 of "What's Going On" is actually Side 2 of LP1 of the soundtrack to the film "Baby Driver"!

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy that I can listen to "Mercy Mercy Me" and then flip it over and hear "Debra" by Beck!  But I'm still put off a bit by this.  

Does anyone else have this pressing?  Further, does anyone know how to contact Motown to let them know that they might want to raise hell with whoever is pressing their records?

46 minutes ago, @chasing_pluto said:

Hi, first post ever.

I just received a new copy of "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye that I bought on Amazon.   Side 1 played as expected.  But then when I started playing Side 2, instead of hearing "Right On," I was greeted with "Neat Neat Neat" by The Damned!  Color me confused.  To add to the confusion, the next song that came on was "Easy" by The Commodores!  It turns out, my Side 2 of "What's Going On" is actually Side 2 of LP1 of the soundtrack to the film "Baby Driver"!

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy that I can listen to "Mercy Mercy Me" and then flip it over and hear "Debra" by Beck!  But I'm still put off a bit by this.  

Does anyone else have this pressing?  Further, does anyone know how to contact Motown to let them know that they might want to raise hell with whoever is pressing their records?

Where did you buy it?

2 minutes ago, slipcraig said:

Thanks. And sorry to have missed it in the original post--doing this in the middle of a million other things.

OP: There are two vinyl versions on Amazon. Could you post the URL of the version you purchased? Thanks!

This is the one I ordered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006OA8C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1