11 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yo, these Behind Closed Doors songs are fucking sick.

I am starting to dig into these, and yeah, this is some really intense stuff. Seems almost too viscerally intense compared to most TRL acts and would git nicely with the late 90's/early 00's Victory roster.

11 hours ago, gregggdavis said:

The Bonnie Stillwatter is only one song with a remix on the b side. It’s great, but I guess I was expecting 5 albums...

I don't know if I was expecting 5 albums myself, but yeah, this is something of a disappointment. I enjoyed the music, but to release this on wax-which is the only release from this "supergroup"-seem superfluous.

I'm looking forward to checking out the last two and an particularly curious about Parlour.

Also, mine all had mp3 vouchers. This was a a real value all around.

I got more of a Level Plane vibe from Behind Closed Doors.

For me, the only real disappointment from this mystery box is that these are the only three BCD songs that will ever exist.

I always go into these grab bag deals with relatively low expectations. I almost always get one record I would have bought at full price, one or two I would've bought for cheap, and a few that I'm either indifferent towards or it's cool to have but I'm not super into. I'm always in just to check out some stuff I wouldn't have otherwise.

Final verdict on these, for me: 1 keeper, 4 to the sell pile.

Keeper:

Behind Closed Doors-this is, as the kids are saying these days, a banger.

Sell Pile:

Mono-would be a keeper but I already own it.

Bonnie Stillwatter-an interesting listen but not something I would seek out on LP considering dwindling rack space

Parlour-a very good listen and their discography will make it to my Amazon digital music queue, but again, not something I would seek out on LP considering dwindling rack space

Howard Hello-a very interesting album instrumentally, but the vocoder vocal gimmick just completely kills it

All in all, no regrets. I'll easily be able to clear the roughly $6 per LP for the sell pile in trade-in value at my local shop.

1 hour ago, DASiano said:

Final verdict on these, for me: 1 keeper, 4 to the sell pile.

Keeper:

Behind Closed Doors-this is, as the kids are saying these days, a banger.

Sell Pile:

Mono-would be a keeper but I already own it.

Bonnie Stillwatter-an interesting listen but not something I would seek out on LP considering dwindling rack space

Parlour-a very good listen and their discography will make it to my Amazon digital music queue, but again, not something I would seek out on LP considering dwindling rack space

Howard Hello-a very interesting album instrumentally, but the vocoder vocal gimmick just completely kills it

All in all, no regrets. I'll easily be able to clear the roughly $6 per LP for the sell pile in trade-in value at my local shop.

Would you be willing to sell the mono record or trade for the one I have if you need it?

Wow. People are asking about this Mono LP.

Here's what I said in reply to a PM:

"I am just gonna go with selling off to my local record store-that's easier and more convenient for me.

I'm not set up to ship, don't own any mailers, and don't want to be responsible if something were to happen while being handled by the carrier. Too many things can go wrong and I don't want the headache.

Thanks for asking, though. Good luck."

Although I understand completely the drive to get this album, as it is one of their best and my personal favorite Mono record.

On February 12, 2018 at 7:50 PM, Twistedshabazz said:

got mine today.  biggest complaint is they did not package these well at all.  threw a small bit of bubble wrap on top.  The mono has a nice big corner bend because of this. 

Parlour: S/T

Mono: Walking Cloud & Big Red Sky...

Howard Hello- Election Year

Behind Closed Doors: Exit Lines

Bonnie Stillwatter: The Devil Is People

^ I got the Twistedshabazz special too. Same assortment of 5 records and/or 12" singles.

This thread should be renamed "Which Mono Record Did You Get?". I got Hymn to the Immortal Wind, which I already own, and the cover is bent to shit, which was always a possibility. I got all of the other same records, bleh. Has anyone heard of someone getting something actually rare? If I at least heard that someone got something cool, I would feel better. This is the worst grab bag I've received. The only good record had a fucked cover. It's my fault. I need to stop falling for this shit.:(

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

Hydra Head and Deathwish had some good ones too. Even if 2/5 of the DW one was Starkweather records.

I bought like four Native Sound mystery boxes and the owner sent me new stuff every time and a lot of it was newer and great releases. Lauren Records and Topshelf Records did a mystery box too and I got great stuff from them. All three labels threw in free tapes and test presses and other cool stuff.

This one sucked honestly. And so did the last 7" and 12" bundles that No Idea did. You can tell very clearly when a label is just dumping 3-5 specific titles on everyone and when they're doing a crazy Gideon level bundle with valuable items.

2 hours ago, swb said:

I bought like four Native Sound mystery boxes and the owner sent me new stuff every time and a lot of it was newer and great releases. Lauren Records and Topshelf Records did a mystery box too and I got great stuff from them. All three labels threw in free tapes and test presses and other cool stuff.

This one sucked honestly. And so did the last 7" and 12" bundles that No Idea did. You can tell very clearly when a label is just dumping 3-5 specific titles on everyone and when they're doing a crazy Gideon level bundle with valuable items.

Relapse, deathwish and hydrahead are always a no brainer.  No idea used to be awesome but really fell off, same with K records. I totally understand trying to clear out some old stock (starkweather records) but throwing in some decent stuff will have people coming back for more... 

37 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Relapse, deathwish and hydrahead are always a no brainer.  No idea used to be awesome but really fell off, same with K records. I totally understand trying to clear out some old stock (starkweather records) but throwing in some decent stuff will have people coming back for more... 

Some labels will also be upfront and make bundles of their dead stock and tell you the 3-5 titles. Italians Do It Better have bundled some of their 12" EPs and singles and Medical Records will do discounted bundles and tell you what titles are in there.

That said, maybe some people did get really good titles and they just aren't posting here. Also, apologies for complaining about really cheap records made by people who really care about the music. Just a disappointing 'mystery bundle' compared to other labels' bundles as a collector/customer.

I really don't need any of these records. The Mono is a great one, but I already have it. If anyone wants them all for $20 shipped, let me know. - U.S. only. The Mono cover is all bent up, but the double vinyl looks fine. Paypal as a gift, so I don't lose even more money.

Parlour: S/T

Mono: Hymn to the Immortal Wind

Howard Hello- Election Year

Behind Closed Doors: Exit Lines

Bonnie Stillwatter: The Devil Is People