PO Now: Stone Temple Pilots (New LP)

Preorders just went live.  Street date is May 25th.

Track Listing:
1. Middle Of Nowhere
2. Guilty
3. Meadow
4. Just A Little Lie
5. Six Eight
6. Thought She'd Be Mind
7. Roll Me Under
8. Never Enough
9. The Art of Letting Go
10. Finest Hour
11. Good Shoes
12. Reds & Blues

https://stonetemplepilots.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?artistName=Stone+Temple+Pilots&sourceCode=STTWEB&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fl.facebook.com%2F

https://www.amazon.com/Stone-Temple-Pilots-Vinyl/dp/B079BJPVN8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1517346528&sr=1-1&keywords=stone+temple+pilots&tag=rhinocom-20&linkCode=as2&ascsubtag=a637600c31ba3e957f771b3a08b89191

Edited by highfives

28 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Not too shabby, they did a great job picking the new singer as I imagine he will sing Scott’s songs pretty decently 

He does a pretty good job.  There's something almost algorithmic about his voice - like if you programmed a computer to sound like Scott, it would be Jeff.  Same goes for his look.  I'm cautiously optimistic about the record.

I'm happy for the Deleo Bros. They get to go out there again and do what they love. Scott is gone. It's sad but they've been trying to replace him for sometime now. They've got someone who can sing the songs live and someone who doesn't have baggage (other than having a kid). So I'm happy for them...

The new guy can sing, no doubt about it.  And he also sounds pretty darn close to Scott Weiland.  The thing that I see missing though is the soul and passion when I see him performing the classic STP stuff.  Sometimes you can also hear it in the way he sings.  It's as if his voice is following a blueprint for how the song should go, and I can't really blame him because well... it's not his song.  I don't think there's a single person who would prefer him to Scott Weiland when it comes to those classics and that's ok.  After hearing the first 2 singles from this new album, I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album as I think it shows some potential.  That being said, you almost can't even think of it as Stone Temple Pilots without Scott.  Another band that comes to mind that's trying to do this is Sublime (with Rome).  Rome Rodriguez is a damn good singer and sounds a hell of a lot like Bradley Nowell, I even liked a good number of songs from their first album, but it just wasn't the same and I asked myself why would I expect it to be.