The Wonder Years - Sister Cities

2 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I wonder how many people on this board got "into" collecting records because of this band? haha

Kinda funny story. About 6ish years ago, I bought Won't Be Pathetic Forever and the Under the Influence 7" as a birthday gift for a friend. He had uncovered an old turntable from his grandmother and some old records, and we had been listening to them for a little bit. Thought it would be cool to get him some music we were into. Then I saw how he just kinda threw the old records around and didn't really care about them. I didn't know much about collecting but had the feeling he just wouldn't appreciate the gift. So I kept them for myself. Couple weeks later, I bought my own turntable. And that's how it all started for me.

Not really digging the new song after my initial listen. I'm sure it will grow on me. My guess is that they didn't want to start off with something "heavy" again like they did with NCTH. But I have no doubt that the album will be really good.

I'm pretty sure the shirt in the LPOE bundle is meant to be an illustration of the band cliff diving in Hawaii or Australia. Maybe a composite of both.

1 minute ago, FiggyPud said:

So how many variants were there all-together?  Just the 2 right now? (Splatter and swirl?)

So far...

LP/Book - Orange/Purple Swirl -  /750

LP/Book - Mtn Range Splatter (clear with blue/green splatter) -  /2500

LP - Black/White/Grey Swirl - /2200

Shipping for both the swirl book and black/white swirl together directly from TWY was only like $7. For the weight I assume the book adds I have no complaints. I just hope there aren't anymore $50 variants to come. 

Also less than 1000 copies of the /2500 book variant 

Edited by AndrewSS

5 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

To pay 50 dollars for a 200 page book about a band I like musically but could care less about personally? 

I get it, it's really cool for super fans or fans that care. I, on the other hand, do not. Give me that weird looking c/c without the clunky book. I got no room on the shelf or my life for that.

i interpreted it as you didn't like them as people... THAT's what i was curious about. as opposed to you didn't like them enough to buy a book about them, which is what it sounds like you actually meant. so, nvm! it was expensive as shit so no judgment obviously