The Wonder Years - Sister Cities

43 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

Does the second side of this album hit anyone else here like a ton of bricks? This band is the fucking best.

loving the close out track. every time i listen to this album all i hear is the classic crime though.  this could have easily been their album

4 hours ago, AndrewSS said:

Any Canadian homies want to help out with that sunrise records variant hopeless tweeted about? I can't find it online so I imagine it is in store only. 

I'm also looking for this Olive variant. If any Canadians have an opportunity to pick one up for me, I'm good for the money! 

2 hours ago, AndrewSS said:

Warning to everyone who ordered. I just got my copy of the sunset smash variant and it was listed as being sunset smash on the sticker but had the wrong variant packaged inside.

https://imgur.com/a/mCi3l

Was that from in the book? (I’m not sure if that variant was exclusive to the book)

3 hours ago, AndrewSS said:

Warning to everyone who ordered. I just got my copy of the sunset smash variant and it was listed as being sunset smash on the sticker but had the wrong variant packaged inside.

https://imgur.com/a/mCi3l

Haven't gotten my book in yet, but have you contacted Hopeless?

The album is taking a long time to grow on me. But I’ve been busy with life and haven’t had much time to sit with it properly. I just got the LP and book version today so I’m looking forward to checking out the stories and pics from the tour. In less than a week, I’ve already gotten 5 copies of this album. (4 records and the Target CD) with one more CD coming my way next month (the autographed VIP CD). 

On 4/12/2018 at 2:20 AM, AndrewSS said:

Order is being corrected. Sidewalk Fullfillment Services has been an absolute breeze to work with. 

Hey dude, i purchasd a copy from a user on a facebook group and it appears that I'll likely have this issue, since the book shows the mountain instead of the sunset. Do you mind letting me know the email can I reach out to?  Thanks!!

17 hours ago, raynerho said:

Hey dude, i purchasd a copy from a user on a facebook group and it appears that I'll likely have this issue, since the book shows the mountain instead of the sunset. Do you mind letting me know the email can I reach out to?  Thanks!!

May not matter. The inner sleeve that holds the record has the sunset on one side and mountain on the other so you can swap what shows through the die cut

having a hard time getting into this. kyoto, pyramids, ocean easily the best tracks. spun it dozens of times but can still barely tell tracks 5-9 apart... maybe that's on me.

dan's vocals are one of TWY's hallmarks but i'm having a hard time in this regard as well.

also, theloneliestplaceonearth.com is no longer. is that a recent development? i'm guessing they took it down when the shopify store went up, but i hadn't noticed. kind of makes me long for dan's shallow water project from way back.

2 hours ago, chamb117 said:

also, theloneliestplaceonearth.com is no longer. is that a recent development? i'm guessing they took it down when the shopify store went up, but i hadn't noticed. kind of makes me long for dan's shallow water project from way back.

It's still a working website. http://loneliestplaceonearth.com/