Sign in to follow this  
Secular Haze

PO: BARONESS REPRESS FEVER (CATCH IT)

38 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Someone talk me out of these.  The splatter color choices are awful and I’d hate to have a cohesive set.  Already miserable with the variants I have though – nothing makes me more furious than that etched Red.  I loathe the variant game and these make me want to puke.

OK, I think I did it for you.

25 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I know that we’re all entitled to our own opinions, but it’s crazy to me that the (significantly) worst of the 3 albums sold out first.

Fewest presses on color among the other 2.  That has to be the only explanation.  

Opinion:  I do think it is a bit underrated.  I like it just as much as Red and Blue.

I’m normally abysmal with rankings, but as far as the colored albums are concerned... for me it’s Red > Blue > Purple > Yellow / Green.  All of them have strong points and memorable moments but that’s one of the few “power rankings” I don’t even have to dedicate much thought to.

17 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I’m normally abysmal with rankings, but as far as the colored albums are concerned... for me it’s Red > Blue > Purple > Yellow / Green.  All of them have strong points and memorable moments but that’s one of the few “power rankings” I don’t even have to dedicate much thought to.

Wholeheartedly agree.

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I’m normally abysmal with rankings, but as far as the colored albums are concerned... for me it’s Red > Blue > Purple > Yellow / Green. 

More or less, yeah, though I'd say Red & Blue are too close to call, and the first couple EPs are right up there with them. Purple and Yellow/Green aren't by any means bad, but the drop is significant.