PO: A Perfect Circle - Eat The Elephant 2xLP (Out on 4/20)

jhulud

10 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Maynard needs to figure out if he wants to call the band APC, or Puscifer.

This sounds like a continuation of the Puscifer- Money Shot album.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but not APC material either.

Really? I see literally no comparison between the two....

1 hour ago, Sasan said:

Did MJK write any of the music at all?

He never does, just the lyrics so I always get confused when people say MJK has lost it with Tool or APC material.

I did listen to a download yesterday on my bike ride. I thought that it had about 4 solid songs. Some of them seem like half assed experimental jams and MJK lyrics on some of these are just cringe worthy.

I doubt I will ever listen to this entirely again

1 hour ago, ejc625 said:

Lame.

Wonder if the remaining copies will go up on their online store (assuming there are any left).

I'm wondering if these were pressed by 11th Street Records or BMG. If it's 11th Street, their website doesn't have an online inventory, so that's an issue. I also doubt BMG would post a few dozen albums through the APC merch page. Who knows.

On 4/24/2018 at 3:33 PM, VinylMario said:

Anyone know what these are limited to?

On 4/24/2018 at 12:45 PM, lotsalemon said:

Up at Bull Moose, no pressing info:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/27278208/perfect-circle-eat-the-elephant-eat-the-elephant-2-lp-red-blue-colored-vinyl-includes-download-card

3 hours ago, rransomm said:

Got the deluxe edition in a couple of days ago. The "world's first Hologram Album" is a damn fine, might impressive surprise! I expect all future albums to support this medium. 

Almost went for it but couldn't justify paying over $60. But from what I've seen online, the hologram thing is pretty cool. Is the holographic album in hi-res, and is it incorporated into an app?

41 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Almost went for it but couldn't justify paying over $60. But from what I've seen online, the hologram thing is pretty cool. Is the holographic album in hi-res, and is it incorporated into an app?

The video is 1080p, not sure about the audio, and it's not app-based - it's an exclusive video unlocked on their website via password. Seriously makes the album much more appreciable (coming from one who loves it even without a visual medium).