KORN - THE PATH OF TOTALITY (MUSIC ON VINYL)

Hi guys,

For the first time « The Path Of Totality » of KoRn will be available on vinyl.

It’s a limited edition from Music On Vinyl, 2.500 silver colored lp.

Release date : march 2nd

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/korn/the-path-of-totality#.WntJtnDfuEf

16 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

How many albums have CoRn released since Untouchables? Is that one of their early albums now? Crazy.

On the off chance you are not being sarcastic, seven is your magic number.

I guess Untouchables is a de facto "early album" through a 2018 lens, or at the very least it's an "early album" on the basis of being one with the original lineup.

The "late albums" vary in quality, to say the least.

This one is skippable as it's their foray into dubstep. And while I don't hate this album (and find it interesting on the whole), it already sounds incredibly dated as the dubstep craze has come and gone and the stink of trying to capitalize on a fad oozes off of this one very badly.

The self-titled/untitled album, Remember Who You Are, The Paradigm Shift, and The Serenity Of Suffering are all worth checking out. One is really wildly experimental, one is a blatant attempt to make a return to the first album's sound, and the other two are somewhat reminiscent of Untouchables.

Then again, I'm sure you were being sarcastic and this is a useless diatribe hahaha.

Edited by DASiano

9 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Where do these MOV releases end up on sale?!?
Seems like their brick and mortar locations are all in Europe.

Is there a webstore I am just totally missing?

They typically end up on Webstores of EU indie stores. Banquet Records and What Records from the UK are usually a good shout for them. 

40 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Where do these MOV releases end up on sale?!?
Seems like their brick and mortar locations are all in Europe.

Is there a webstore I am just totally missing?

I've gotten some of their titles at the US Amazon, and my local indie record shop will get titles from this label as well.

19 hours ago, DASiano said:

On the off chance you are not being sarcastic, seven is your magic number.

I guess Untouchables is a de facto "early album" through a 2018 lens, or at the very least it's an "early album" on the basis of being one with the original lineup.

The "late albums" vary in quality, to say the least.

This one is skippable as it's their foray into dubstep. And while I don't hate this album (and find it interesting on the whole), it already sounds incredibly dated as the dubstep craze has come and gone and the stink of trying to capitalize on a fad oozes off of this one very badly.

The self-titled/untitled album, Remember Who You Are, The Paradigm Shift, and The Serenity Of Suffering are all worth checking out. One is really wildly experimental, one is a blatant attempt to make a return to the first album's sound, and the other two are somewhat reminiscent of Untouchables.

Then again, I'm sure you were being sarcastic and this is a useless diatribe hahaha.

Which one sounds like the first album? Issues is the last Korn LP I ever listened to, so this is quite the info bomb.

2 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Which one sounds like the first album? Issues is the last Korn LP I ever listened to, so this is quite the info bomb.

KIII: Remember Who You Are, but it's less that it sounds like it and more that it was produced in the same style. Lyrics aside, it was a strong and mature return to form for them as an aging metal band. A year later, on the brink of aging gracefully, they decided to make Path of Totality, or as it was referred to at the time, "Korn IV: Forgetting Who You Are"

27 minutes ago, OU818 said:

KIII: Remember Who You Are, but it's less that it sounds like it and more that it was produced in the same style.

@Shitty Rambo This is basically it.  They brought back Ross Robinson to produce, the production is live/raw as fuck, and you can really tell there's no click track. Personally , I *love* when bands do records in this fashion, and this album has a very urgent feeling to it, and IMO, the songs hold up. Plus Ray Luzier's performance-his first on record with the band-is completely unhinged.

All that said, the idea behind it-making a purposely "old school" record- is very transparent, so your mileage may vary. :lol: The key word regarding this album from my earlier post was "attempt".

They attempted a similar a similar aesthetic in 2003 with Take A Look In The Mirror, but that album is completely fucking terrible.

Also completely fucking terrible was 2005's See You On The Other Side, and I cannot grasp how this album has its fans, as evidenced by this thread. But hey, that's me, like what you like.

EDIT: I should clarify that when I referred to a wildly experimental self titled/untitled album in my earlier post, I was referring to the 2007 album and not the 1994 debut. Just to be clear.

Edited by DASiano
Clarification/Additional info

On 2/7/2018 at 2:13 PM, Reshiram454 said:

Why did they skip over See You On The Other Side? I might be in the minority but I love that album, and it also has never been pressed on vinyl.

Hmm... https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P08727G/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1518132872&sr=8-8&keywords=korn+vinyl