PO:The Body-I Have Fought Against It, but Cant Any Longer

28 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Yeah that new song is cool. I have yet to see the body perform any of there more “mellow stuff” live. Do they typically do these type of songs or stick to the loud stuff. 

I have seen them at least once a year since 2011 and they have basically been playing the same 25 minute set with maybe 1 song variation for the last 5 years, except for the occasional all noise show.  I love The Body, but I really wish their live show would reflect their rate of releases.

1 hour ago, Rev. Mike said:

I have seen them at least once a year since 2011 and they have basically been playing the same 25 minute set with maybe 1 song variation for the last 5 years, except for the occasional all noise show.  I love The Body, but I really wish their live show would reflect their rate of releases.

They play here constantly (usually see them ~5 times a year) and they vary it quite a bit.  I've seen them with additional members, sets with no live drums.  Might just be because their here a lot, but they definitely mix it up.  Which is good, I'd get tired of the same set so frequently.  They do play really short sets though, I'll agree on that.

Also, stoked for this.

Saw them live over a year ago opening for Alcest, of all things. Never thought I'd see that lineup! They played at least one song from Christs, Redeemers and at least one from All The Waters... from what I could tell. No drums, I THINK Chip had a guitar, but it was just 3 of them at their noise-boards, and a projector/screen on the stage. REALLY loud, bass was insane. Really enjoyed it.

• 2 months later...

Oof, huge 4" crease across the back of my jacket onto the spine...I'm honestly surprised the records are fine.

I've never in a decade plus of collecting asked for a replacement for jacket damage but this is pretty rough. Anyone have any experience with Thrill Jockey in that regards?  I'd obviously only want an empty jacket, but I'm wondering if I should even bother.

8 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've never in a decade plus of collecting asked for a replacement for jacket damage but this is pretty rough. Anyone have any experience with Thrill Jockey in that regards?  I'd obviously only want an empty jacket, but I'm wondering if I should even bother.

I've had some moderate seam split damage before and damage severe enough to warrant a replacement, and even when offering to pay, the labels have never gotten back to me. So definitely try, but wouldn't count on it.