FOUND - WTB $100 Zebrahead - Playmate of the Year + S/T Yellow (CASSETTE)

GameX

Got them all!

Looking for the album "Playmate of the Year" (2000) by the band Zebrahead on cassette tape (I have the CD), as well as the Self-Titled 1998 ("Yellow") on cassette too...  Nowhere for sale on Amazon since over the 2 years I've watched it (Playmate, at least).

Open to pay up to $100.

Thanks!

Edited by GameX
FOUND

2 minutes ago, Pupples said:

This needs to be on vinyl

There is one - Possibly 2 - problem(s) with this, despite the high demand for MFZB especially being pressed on vinyl record, Sony Music actually own the rights to the pre-2005 recordings which explains why they cannot be pressed at the moment ("We'll keep trying" is Zebrahead's statement on this). =|  It's also possible that the original singer Justin will have to receive royalties if so but I might be wrong on this other statement.

35 minutes ago, GameX said:

There is one - Possibly 2 - problem(s) with this, despite the high demand for MFZB especially being pressed on vinyl record, Sony Music actually own the rights to the pre-2005 recordings which explains why they cannot be pressed at the moment ("We'll keep trying" is Zebrahead's statement on this). =|  It's also possible that the original singer Justin will have to receive royalties if so but I might be wrong on this other statement.

That's too bad. Hope you find these cassettes

22 hours ago, GameX said:

Looking for the album "Playmate of the Year" (2000) by the band Zebrahead on cassette tape (I have the CD), as well as the Self-Titled 1998 ("Yellow") on cassette too...  Nowhere for sale on Amazon since over the 2 years I've watched it (Playmate, at least).

Open to pay like $40-80 or so.

Thanks!

Try contacting Ernie at http://www.millionsofrecords.com. He has access to a surprisingly good amount of still sealed, punch-out cassette tapes and he's helped me get OOP/hard to find stuff before. I know this recommendation sounds random but he's acquired random tapes from 90's R.E.M., The Aquabats, David Byrne, and other acts from that time period so you never know.

Thank you!  I'll try it =)  He's also from California, which is where the band is from too.

I already own "Check / Swing", "Waste of Mind Sampler" (both variants), and "Waste of Mind" (album).   I know like 2-3 people who own the Playmate tape (It's also in the Amazon database in different countries, which suggest it was sold at least once here in the past.  This is where I got my Waste of Mind: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004WK3D/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IY2L11PUSV1V9&colid=1Y44P0ZABX9XQ&psc=0 ) and 1 person only who has S/T on cassette (Probably impossible, sold only once on MusicStack in 2012.  Maybe he bought it, not even sure), both not for sale as they're all collectors like me.

EDIT:
Unfortunately not haha:
" Wow it was nice of someone to refer you! I don’t have any of their cassettes typed into the database now, but I do have quite a few more boxes of tapes here that I haven’t opened yet..all kinds of titles. Perhaps the best thing would be for you to please check my website once in a while to see if I have any of the ones you are looking for. "

Edited by GameX

• GameX changed the title to FOUND - WTB $100 Zebrahead - Playmate of the Year + S/T Yellow (CASSETTE)