PO Now! Underoath - “Erase Me” (Out April 6th)

RadDonut

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I just got drunk and bought Reinventing Your Exit on Rock Band 3 because I'm 10 years in the past as far as video game technology goes. My girlfriend is mad and I'm like "I know it's garbage, just do the screamy shit"

She's got you up against her wall.

10 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I just got drunk and bought Reinventing Your Exit on Rock Band 3 because I'm 10 years in the past as far as video game technology goes. My girlfriend is mad and I'm like "I know it's garbage, just do the screamy shit"

I did that shit like last year, with "I'm not Okay." Completely worth it.  

one play through and its definitely the poppiest thing theyve done since TOCS which is kind of disappointing (always really liked that they were one of the few bands that actually got heavier as they progressed) but i guess it was to be expected after hearing "rapture." im gonna reserve full judgment till i give this a few spins. 

1) I officially don't like Matt Squire. "Get rid of all the breakdowns and shit". <_<

2) I'm really tired of hearing artist regurgitate "we grew up" bs. I get it. Influences change. You mellow out somewhat when you have to begin being an adult. But only to a certain extent. My go to example of a band "growing up"/"growing older" yet losing absolutely no energy - Every Time I Die. Keith an Co. are approx 4-5 years older than Aaron, Spencer and the rest of UO. Yet ETID just put out possibly they're most aggressive and pummeling albums to date (2014's From Parts Unknown & 2016's Low Teens). 

And so what if they sound very similar to previous albums. That didnt make me dislike them or not enjoy their newer work because it was still in the vein of the stuff from their twenties. Keith even had a side project where he primarily sung. And I'm sure that outlet provided him the opportunity to 'explore' new things musically and yet have the ability to come back to ETID and still produce heavy freakin music. 

I'm sure I'm just being narrow minded here. But its just seems to me this is all an excuse and/or major influence from a producer to create something different for the sake of "creativeness". 

Edited by ethanpricington

1 minute ago, ethanpricington said:

1) I officially don't like Matt Squire. "Get rid of all the breakdowns and shit". <_<

2) I'm really tired of hearing artist regurgitate "we grew up" bs. I get it. Influences change. You mellow out somewhat when you have to begin being an adult. But only to a certain extent. My go to example of a band "growing up"/"growing older" yet losing absolutely no energy - Every Time I Die. Keith an Co. are approx 4-5 years older than Aaron, Spencer and the rest of UO. Yet ETID just put out possibly they're most aggressive and pummeling albums to date (2014's From Parts Unknown & 2016's Low Teens). 

And so what if they sound very similar to previous albums. That didnt make me dislike them or not enjoy their newer work because it was still in the vein of the stuff from the twenties. Keith even had a side project where he primarily sung. And I'm sure that outlet provided him the opportunity to 'explore' new things musically and yet have the ability to come back to ETID and still produce heavy freakin music. 

I'm sure I'm just being narrow minded here. But its just seems to me this is all an excuse and/or major influence from a producer to create something different for the sake of "creativeness". 

I agree 100% im sick of the grew up bullshit everyone always says. Converge, Norma Jean, August burns red, ETID, Cult Of Luna have all progressed as bands and definitely matured their sound while still sticking to the core that made them great. 

2 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I agree 100% im sick of the grew up bullshit everyone always says. Converge, Norma Jean, August burns red, ETID, Cult Of Luna have all progressed as bands and definitely matured their sound while still sticking to the core that made them great. 

Exactly. One thing those bands don't have though? MAJOR mainstream success....makes you wonder about the intentions/motivations behind "Erase Me".