PO Now! Underoath - “Erase Me” (Out April 6th)

RadDonut

Welp. Glad I cancelled my deluxe, but I still think the album has merit, its got a few really strong songs.

Going to also agree the most interesting and fresh part of this album is the programming work, drums are good but didnt stand out as much as past albums IMO.  Def the weakest in their lineup since The Changing of Times.  

Either way, seeing them tonight for the album release show (I think) and expect it to be a pretty awesome. :)

Edited by V3XED

58 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

I had to stop this during the 3rd song. It hurt my ears...

I made it through the whole album while reading along with the lyrics.  Every time Spencer screamed a little bit I kept telling myself that I wanted more but more never came.  If this was any other band I don't think that I would give it another chance.

1 hour ago, backpackoat said:

The version of this album that's on Spotify is censored... I didn't even know they still did that for albums, much less for this type of band. Annoying

Wish I could find that purchase-able (I don't use Spotify)... personally, I'm not a fan of explicit lyrics. *shrug*

Album is... different. Won't get into it, but not a fan this time around unfortunately. Still love the guys and respect them for "doing their own thing" though. And I've yet to see them live, so that's on my bucket list still.

4 minutes ago, Okami said:

Did anyone order the 7” box set with test press?  I didn’t realize you only receive a single random 7” test press.  Or did I just receive a single test press? 

Yeah it's only (1) 7". Not the entire box set on test press. Mine is #22 from 2/15/18 and its I Gave Up and Loneliness.  

10 minutes ago, Okami said:

Did they write anything on the test press center label or is the test press label a white blank one?

Got mine in yesterday, just a plain white sleeve with nothing written on it. Got the same I Gave Up and Loneliness.

Saw this picture on discogs:

Cwr3qNr.jpg

Edited by tlr

3 hours ago, V3XED said:

Welp. Glad I cancelled my deluxe, but I still think the album has merit, its got a few really strong songs.

Going to also agree the most interesting and fresh part of this album is the programming work, drums are good but didnt stand out as much as past albums IMO.  Def the weakest in their lineup since The Changing of Times.  

I was thinking about cancelling, and buying someones Smartpunk variant or whatever, but since I managed to get one at $35, gotta be grateful.

EDIT:  Also just saw that Merchnow posted the link to the documentary, so I'm downloading that now. Not sure what I'll learn besides they spent too much time on this album.

Edited by MCDELTAT

9 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

I was thinking about cancelling, and buying someones Smartpunk variant or whatever, but since I managed to get one at $35, gotta be grateful.

EDIT:  Also just saw that Merchnow posted the link to the documentary, so I'm downloading that now. Not sure what I'll learn besides they spent too much time on this album.

you'll also learn that James & Grant were virtually no existent in making this record. They did a Q&A/screening Monday and they said that they were basically left out and only really talked on the phone with the other members. Tim recorded everything. Really shitty thing to do. 

30 minutes ago, tlr said:

Got mine in yesterday, just a plain white sleeve with nothing written on it. Got the same I Gave Up and Loneliness.

Saw this picture on discogs:

Cwr3qNr.jpg

Thats mine I posted on there. There is another one posted (two different songs) as well with no writing on the label. 

Edited by BrandonSprague

10 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

you'll also learn that James & Grant were virtually no existent in making this record. They did a Q&A/screening Monday and they said that they were basically left out and only really talked on the phone with the other members. Tim recorded everything. Really shitty thing to do. 

got a link to that Q&A and the documentary?

15 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

makes sense because this album is basically void of any guitar at all. 

Just now, MayCauseDeath said:

makes sense because this album is basically void of any guitar at all. 

yeah it is definitely lacking from previous releases. I still enjoy the album, but not as an underoath album. Just pretending there was nothing before helps with the judgement. 

Just a bummer they left them out. i was at the album release party and the vibe i got from them was that they were just background to spencer and aaron. super nice guys though! 

40 minutes ago, famousdrumer said:

Did those two guys seem torn up about it or maybe they were just fine with it?  

4 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

I made it through the whole album while reading along with the lyrics.  Every time Spencer screamed a little bit I kept telling myself that I wanted more but more never came.  If this was any other band I don't think that I would give it another chance.

This. If this wasn’t Underoath I wouldn’t have listened or PO’d