PO Now! Underoath - “Erase Me” (Out April 6th)

RadDonut

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:35 PM, ShitPost Malone said:

Guys. This is a great album. Embrace the new Underoath without shame.

Can't hate the album for what it's not. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed the album didn't continue down the DTGL/LITSOS/Disambiguation path, but given Spencer's activity in Sleepwave during their time off, it really isn't too surprising when you think about it. That and this album is pretty obviously not a cash grab, anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't seen the turnout for them touring on 12 year old albums for the last two years.

That all being said, as far as this vein of "metalcore goes radio rock" a la Bring Me The Horizon, Of Mice & Men, etc, Erase Me blows these previous bands' efforts out of the water. As much as I loathed Rapture and Wake Me upon first listen, I woke up in the coming days with the choruses gnawing at the back of my mind and over time the album has grown into a master-class in how to soften rough edges, throw in a massive chorus, and push more accessible themes to the forefront while still retaining interesting song structure and lyrical integrity.

Sure, I wish Spencer would've let loose with some lows here and there, and leaving Loneliness off the tracklisting of the actual album is a travesty, but all in all I'm happy to have a new underOATH album in 2018, and I have no doubt they will still put on one of the most intense live shows I'll see this year.

6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Is there a better example of lemmings on the board than this thread?

"This sucks!"

"Yeah!"

"Fuck Underoath"

"Trash!"

"No guys this is actually good I convinced myself"

"Yeah!"

"Go Underoath!"

"It's great!"

I am firmly sticking to its garbage. Something that hasn't been mentioned are the childishly plain lyrics, "Take the keys to my car, drive really far, far away......" You have to be fucking kidding me.