PO Now! Underoath - “Erase Me” (Out April 6th)

RadDonut

Yeah, I don’t think it’s really that weird.  It was to be expected when a band significantly shifts their sound.  This isn’t Thrice where they’ve been slowly evolving their sound for years on every consecutive album, the last albums Underoath had were straight ferocious.  This album is not.  It’s not that the album is bad or not good, but it is very different, and that takes adjusting to even if you’ve decided you like it.  The question is whether you like that Underoath is now a band with pop hook catchy choruses that are comfortable being on the radio with much less ferociousness.  If you’ve evolved the same way the band members have since their last album, then it’s peobably no big deal.  If you’re not, you’re probably sorely disappointed.  That is the split.  Band had to have seen this coming.  

11 hours ago, STILLUNDERGROUND said:

300 total, more going up soon. i don't have an exact time/date but they ARE going back up.

where did you get this info from!?!? Someone please post when they are up!

i had one in my cart, filled out all my details, clicked pay now and then got a screen saying error due to the item no longer being available.

such bull shit :(

1 hour ago, alexyeahh said:

where did you get this info from!?!? Someone please post when they are up!

i had one in my cart, filled out all my details, clicked pay now and then got a screen saying error due to the item no longer being available.

such bull shit :(

Don't listen to him he's a troll

I have an opinion that no one asked for. Finally listened to this. I've always been aware of Underoath but was never a fan. I remember when TOCS came out, I checked out their previous releases. When Define the Great Line leaked on Oink (I think? Hard to remember the time line), I listened to it once and thought "Oh, they kinda want to be ETID" and never listened to it again (so forgive me if that's a completely off base comparison). I bought TOCS for $1 on CD a year or two ago on CD for my car because nostalgia or whatever. Anyways, that's the context for my Underoath thoughts.

If this album came out after TOCS they would have had moderate Modern Rock Radio success. Like, if you played me the "You're the only thing that gets me high...AND I HATE IT" song yesterday and told me it was Three Days Grace I'd be like "Oh, yeah. Obviously." They would've gotten on some big radio rock tours. Probably feature (not headline, but still BIG FONT billing) on your local modern rock station's SUMMER JAM show. Right now, depending on future hypothetical album performances, they'd probably be playing veunes slightly smaller than they actually play now. However, they'd be playing TOCS sets to try to get a bit more of a draw.

That's my really stoned review...because if I actually talked about the quality of the album...it would be less positive. It's trash. This is trash. I'd flip it but my B-side has hella pops and crackles. If you're looking to complete your variant collection rather than get a copy to listen to, I've got the Smart Punk variant (193/300) for cost plus shipping....let's say $30ppd.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:46 AM, alexyeahh said:

With the 20% off promo code as well as free ship to store option - this ended up being $17. Not bad.