Denon Quartz DP-31L issue

I'm having some issues with my Denon. If I press the start button it doesn't start on it's own - same with the stop button. If I get it a push it will spin, but won't keep a constant speed. The quartz lock light continuously blinks. Any ideas what the issue could be? Probably going to bring it by a repair shop, but it's probably not worth pouring a bunch of $$ into to get fixed.

I had the same issue with my previous technics that was quartz locked, ended up being the IC (quartz control/speed) chip that fried. unfortunately there isn’t much you can do unless you source another one of those chips but hopefully it isn’t that.

i ended up grabbing another table because no tech wanted to deal with the repair/sourcing another chip.

4 hours ago, ethereal said:

I had the same issue with my previous technics that was quartz locked, ended up being the IC (quartz control/speed) chip that fried. unfortunately there isn’t much you can do unless you source another one of those chips but hopefully it isn’t that.

i ended up grabbing another table because no tech wanted to deal with the repair/sourcing another chip.

Thanks. I have a couple other turntables (one being my 1200) that I left with my parents in Atlanta when I moved so I may just get one of those up here. Any idea what the cost would have been of finding another chip?

On 3/19/2018 at 8:45 PM, shenanigans said:

Thanks. I have a couple other turntables (one being my 1200) that I left with my parents in Atlanta when I moved so I may just get one of those up here. Any idea what the cost would have been of finding another chip?

I was quoted at around $100 for the chip plus postage from Japan and the actual service fee, so around $200 or so.

theres also a 50% chance it ends up being something else once that’s replaced so it’s kind of a gamble. (ex. the IC chip shorting out other components on the main board)

Quartz is awesome until something goes wrong, but once it does, it’s a significant pain in the ass.