PO: Giraffes? Giraffes! - Memory Lame

Whoa.  VC wasn’t supposed to know about this; color me impressed.  Cool fit for Topshelf, yeah?  I wish Superbass would get pressed – maybe Topshelf will make it happen.

Snagged that splatter first thing this morning.

Also, I believe the split is /300 for what it’s worth.

Edited by Derek™

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Whoa.  VC wasn’t supposed to know about this; color me impressed.  Cool fit for Topshelf, yeah?  I wish Superbass would get pressed – maybe Topshelf will make it happen.

Snagged that splatter first thing this morning.

Also, I believe the split is /300 for what it’s worth.

those who know math rock know  ;) much love for g?g! Grabbed a splatter myself as well

Yes. I will gladly receive this as part of my Topshelf vinyl subscription.

Yes. I will gladly share a $10 credit code for anyone who wants to also receive this EP as part of a new Topshelf vinyl subscription.

Topshelf have been bringing it hard the last two years. Those Elephant Gym LP/EPs and the Gulfer LP are so good.

Edited by swb

37 minutes ago, ethereal said:

you’re gonna have to spill the beans to get me to even remotely consider a $200+ vinyl subscription 

I heard the subscriber package will include an exclusive laminated cheat sheet that breaks down how 12+ records + a sweater + a slipmat + bonus records for less than $20 per month is worth considering. :P

Edited by swb

11 minutes ago, swb said:

I heard the subscriber package will include an exclusive laminated cheat sheet that breaks down how 12+ records + a sweater + a slipmat + bonus records for less than $20 per month is worth considering.

Usually the records you're going to receive aren't known at point of subscription, right? Topshelf website says so.  Giraffes! Giraffes! is more interesting than a lot of bands, and if they're enticing new subscribers, maybe they'd have an easier time if they just reveal what the big winky face secret is. 

7 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Usually the records you're going to receive aren't known at point of subscription, right? Topshelf website says so.  Giraffes! Giraffes! is more interesting than a lot of bands, and if they're enticing new subscribers, maybe they'd have an easier time if they just reveal what the big winky face secret is. 

Totally understand. Just poking fun since the Topshelf sub gives you quite a bit for that annual fee, especially compared to some similar label subs.

I could be wrong but I doubt whatever special variant subscribers get is enough to convince someone who isn't into Topshelf Records to buy their entire 2018 catalogue in one down payment. It sounds like it will just be a cool/fun secret for people who are already subscribed.

Edited by swb

All the G?G! love in this thread is surprising in the best way.  I could've sworn they've come up in prior threads here at VC, and I think myself and maybe 1-2 others were the only ones to comment.

They're touring on the West coast, finally – the first time since I've been a fan, circa 2012 or so.  They're playing at a new venue with a small stage upstairs, and I expect it's going to be hot and humid as shit.  But I still think I'll be trying to attend.

What do you guys think about their last few releases, if you've been following them?  That Spazz Master 7" was so-so in my books, but I really enjoyed their contribution to that Goddard split back in 2013.  Their first two albums are still my favorite, hands down.

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

All the G?G! love in this thread is surprising in the best way.  I could've sworn they've come up in prior threads here at VC, and I think myself and maybe 1-2 others were the only ones to comment.

I remember this. But i think that is because i posted the PO to the 7 whenever that happened. My memory is failing. 

Not surprising but I def preordered this. And I am still holding out hope for Superbass and a Pink Magick repress at some point. Maybe now that they have shacked up with Topshelf this could happen? I mean the label did press like the entire Elephant Gym discography. So there is some hope there for me. 

On 3/23/2018 at 12:49 PM, Bladewillisisdead said:

I was born in 1986 and wear a small

Feeling very attacked rn tbh

I'm sorry. But yeah, place an order and leave a note and I'll hook ya up.

On 3/23/2018 at 1:23 PM, HoneyFrosted said:

As of right now we have *edit* 10 titles announced, for this year. If that aint enough, I don't know what else we can do for ya. Not trying to entice new subscribers with something we'd like to keep between us and our subscribers.

Edited by MyEnemy

1 hour ago, MyEnemy said:

I'm sorry. But yeah, place an order and leave a note and I'll hook ya up.

As of right now we have 9 titles announced, for this year. If that aint enough, I don't know what else we can do for ya. Not trying to entice new subscribers with something we'd like to keep between us and our subscribers.

Well I don't mean to make this thread about the value of subscription services, I'm sure it's worth it and it's quality work, and I don't know enough about it except what I see on the outside. 

I'm just excited to have more math rock in the collection because I really don't have much. G?G!'s split with Goddard is all I have of theirs, I only have a couple other pseudo-rarities like Lava Land and Trees Swallow Houses.

10 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Well I don't mean to make this thread about the value of subscription services, I'm sure it's worth it and it's quality work, and I don't know enough about it except what I see on the outside. 

I'm just excited to have more math rock in the collection because I really don't have much. G?G!'s split with Goddard is all I have of theirs, I only have a couple other pseudo-rarities like Lava Land and Trees Swallow Houses.

Is More Skin sold out?  I think Sargent House has it up for sale out of the blue a few years back.  Completely unexpected but still awesome.  I’m not sure how big the pressing was or what the demand may have looked like, but it’s worth picking up.