Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dynamitekid said:

Im interested in going but man they are really nickel and dime-ing you for this. 

Are they? All I saw $50 for a 3day pass. $100 for camping up to 4 people and like $20 if you want beer tasting. Seems really cheap in my opinion. Sure they could lump it all together, but this gives people the option of getting hotel rooms if they prefer and not having to pay for beer tasting if they'd rather just chug pbr all weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

Are they? All I saw $50 for a 3day pass. $100 for camping up to 4 people and like $20 if you want beer tasting. Seems really cheap in my opinion. Sure they could lump it all together, but this gives people the option of getting hotel rooms if they prefer and not having to pay for beer tasting if they'd rather just chug pbr all weekend.

I agree I think they are trying to be as inclusive as possible with the prices knowing their demographic. Some people want to go all weekend and camp in a tent while another large segment can’t handle that and just wants to go one day and sleep in their bed. So the prices kind of reflect the experience you receive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shenanigans said:

Are they? All I saw $50 for a 3day pass. $100 for camping up to 4 people and like $20 if you want beer tasting. Seems really cheap in my opinion. Sure they could lump it all together, but this gives people the option of getting hotel rooms if they prefer and not having to pay for beer tasting if they'd rather just chug pbr all weekend.

I looked at it and you pay for Saturday and Sunday but Friday is separate. Camping is a separate cost. The tasting is a separate cost. Parking is separate. Using a shower is $10. Early bird pricing is only available for 1 day. You can't bring in outside alcohol so you have to pay for it all there. It's just kind of annoying to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, dynamitekid said:

I looked at it and you pay for Saturday and Sunday but Friday is separate. Camping is a separate cost. The tasting is a separate cost. Parking is separate. Using a shower is $10. Early bird pricing is only available for 1 day. You can't bring in outside alcohol so you have to pay for it all there. It's just kind of annoying to me. 

Didn't notice the Friday separate part, but honestly I don't have a problem with them separating everything out. Pay for what you want. I think camping festivals charging for showers has become relatively common and probably worth it. I was considering hoteling Friday and camping Saturday so I could get that extra shower in but may just camp both nights and pay for a shower. Similarly the vast majority of festivals you can't bring in your own alcohol. Sometimes they let you bring it in if you're camping.

 

Plus the camping is good for up to 4 people. So really like $25 for 2 nights...Throw in 2 showers and you're still under $50. Or they could be like most festivals and just charge $300 for 3 day pass with camping and showers and let you bring in like 1 case of beer or something? I'm currently at like $150 going all 3 days and sharing a tent with one other person and showering because I'm not crusty and enjoy feeling clean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shenanigans said:

 

Didn't notice the Friday separate part, but honestly I don't have a problem with them separating everything out. Pay for what you want. I think camping festivals charging for showers has become relatively common and probably worth it. I was considering hoteling Friday and camping Saturday so I could get that extra shower in but may just camp both nights and pay for a shower. Similarly the vast majority of festivals you can't bring in your own alcohol. Sometimes they let you bring it in if you're camping.

 

Plus the camping is good for up to 4 people. So really like $25 for 2 nights...Throw in 2 showers and you're still under $50. Or they could be like most festivals and just charge $300 for 3 day pass with camping and showers and let you bring in like 1 case of beer or something? I'm currently at like $150 going all 3 days and sharing a tent with one other person and showering because I'm not crusty and enjoy feeling clean.

Thats fine. Im looking at it from my perspective and it would be about $310 not including food and travel expenses for my wife and I to go. I'd be stoked if I was more local but it doesn't make sense for me to go even though it looks fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I typically bring a bathing suit and gallons of water and soap. I put the gallon of water on the car to heat up in the sun and then dump that on myself. Works as well as the usual tiny, cold, dark, and dirty showers offered by the festival. 

 

There are other options that are better, but this way is almost free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tidal Wave said:

I typically bring a bathing suit and gallons of water and soap. I put the gallon of water on the car to heat up in the sun and then dump that on myself. Works as well as the usual tiny, cold, dark, and dirty showers offered by the festival. 

 

There are other options that are better, but this way is almost free. 

How warm is it the first week of June in Ohio? I've only camped at Riot Fest Denver the first year and it was only 1 night so I just didn't bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 3:49 PM, shenanigans said:

How warm is it the first week of June in Ohio? I've only camped at Riot Fest Denver the first year and it was only 1 night so I just didn't bother.

Could dip into the 50s overnight but will likely be high 70s during the day and low 60s at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

Looks like they've changed the pricing a bit. Camping originally said $99 for up to 4 people. Now it looks like its $130 but includes Friday night passes for up to 4 people which is a better deal anyway if you were planning to go Friday.

I noticed that too. Also theres $20 in fees added on top of the ticket price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2018 at 10:23 AM, shenanigans said:

Looks like they've changed the pricing a bit. Camping originally said $99 for up to 4 people. Now it looks like its $130 but includes Friday night passes for up to 4 people which is a better deal anyway if you were planning to go Friday.

Camping always included tickets to the Friday night pre-show. I think they just forgot to tell people that, like the $50 weekend pass, the $99 camping pass was also limited and would go up in price after the first day of availability (or after a certain amount sold out, whichever came first).

 

The funny thing was it sold out at $99 before I could buy one, then when I went to place my order, it reappeared at both $99 and $129 price points but the $99 one said SOLD OUT next to it, although it still let me add it to my cart and check out. So someone must've botched the inventory or something. Either way, I'm all in for around $250 total for the weekend, and my wife is hella pumped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×