What board/card games have you been playing?

6 minutes ago, museummouth said:

If you're into horror and really long intense games check out Eldrich Horror and especially Mansions of Madness (2nd Edition)

MoM is the greatest board game I've ever played. You need a tablet though as it runs with an app, but it's so immersive and plays like a table top RPG. 

Thanks,

I'm all about horror and intense games. I'm definitely going to check out MoM.

Edited by maxnadz

• 2 months later...

I got a new regular game night going and we're always looking for new hotness. We all seem partial to worker placement/farming/card drafting (but not really deck building) games. Big hits for us are Agricola, Quest for El Dorado, Blood Rage, Scythe, Photosynthesis, and Terraforming Mars. I just bought Puerto Rico and GoT Catan. What else is good?

On 5/30/2018 at 4:31 AM, stranaspank said:

I got a new regular game night going and we're always looking for new hotness. We all seem partial to worker placement/farming/card drafting (but not really deck building) games. Big hits for us are Agricola, Quest for El Dorado, Blood Rage, Scythe, Photosynthesis, and Terraforming Mars. I just bought Puerto Rico and GoT Catan. What else is good?

If you're into such games, I think you can try 'Three Kingdoms Redux', especially if you're into the whole Three Kingdoms world. I was part of the playtesting process for this game! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody ever played Shark Island?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071PBG28R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I liked the concept/artwork so I put it on my amazon wish list like a year ago. It doesn't have great reviews so I held off buying it but it dropped to $16.46 today (it retails for $40) so I grabbed it. 

Santorini is a great game for 2-3 players, lots of variety. I like "Sushi Go: Party" for when I need a game for 8. "Bang" and it's expansions are also decent for larger parties. Also just found a game called "Gaia" at Barnes and Noble that is pretty good.

I really want more regular group of board game friends though. There are a handful of games I've been wanting to get/play but can't justify if I only play with casuals. Saw the game "Feudum" which is just a crazy hardcore Eurogamer. Looks fun but don't want to get it without a group of regulars ha.

Edited by MCDELTAT

• 1 month later...

Some of my favorites are:

Acquire, You place tiles on a grid to build and merge hotel chains that you buy stock in.

Dominion, Deck building, also about the only game I've played that's fun for 2 players even though it's designed for more.

Carcassonne, Build the board as you go, claim cities, road, and fields to score victory points.

The Great Dalmuti, A card game similar to Scum or President, but with awesome artwork and a unique deck structure.

King of Tokyo, Dice rolling similar to Yahtzee, with custom dice and asynchronous combat.

Revolution, A blind bidding game where you need to use your limited influence strategically.

Shadows over Camelot, 7 Player Co-op with the option of a having an unknown traitor actively working against the rest of the players.

On 7/23/2018 at 1:21 AM, grizzlyadams said:

King of Tokyo, Dice rolling similar to Yahtzee, with custom dice and asynchronous combat.

Not sure if it's nationally or just the one by my house, but Target had a ton of games marked down from 50-75% off. I have a huge collection of games so I already had a good amount of the ones marked down, but here's a few I grabbed for cheap. Never played King of Tokyo but I've heard good things at it was half off!
IMG_4271_zpsttaw0daa.jpg

Edited by kylet

• 3 months later...