Bruce Springsteen Album Collection Vol. 2: 1987-1996 [10xLP Box]

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2018/the-album-collection-vol-2-boxed-set-out-may-18

Packshot-700x491.jpg

Tunnel of Love (1987)* (2 LP)

Human Touch (1992)* (2 LP)

Lucky Town (1992) (1 LP)

In Concert / MTV Plugged (1993) (2 LP)

The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995) (1 LP)

* expanded across two LPs to maximize audio quality

12” EPs included:

Chimes of Freedom (1988) (1 EP)

Blood Brothers (1996)** (1 EP)

** first-ever vinyl release

Tunnel of Love is probably the cheapest & easiest Bruce LP to find these days, but the rest of these go for $$$$ so this is pretty cool. These will likely get reissued individually at some point as with Vol. 1.

Still hoping for a Tracks boxset someday.

1 hour ago, nico said:

Nice, still waiting on Devils & Dust and The Rising tho.

I'd hazard a guess that we'll get another boxset of the most recent third of his career in a few years, which is a bummer. After I scoop this up, I'll wanna complete the discography, and those are so damn expensive.

3 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

I'd hazard a guess that we'll get another boxset of the most recent third of his career in a few years, which is a bummer. After I scoop this up, I'll wanna complete the discography, and those are so damn expensive.

Yes, I spend enough money on getting original copies of The Ghost of Tom Joad and MTV Plugged. I am on the fence to spend the money on those later records, if I can buy them a year or so later.

3 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Was hoping it would include The Rising. That is so expensive. Probably have to wait multiple years now. I'll be excited when these are broken up and released. 

2 hours ago, Dub said:

100% editorial:  Considering no albums from the first box set got the 2Xlp treatment, I'm not sure tunnel of love deserves it and I'm 100% certain human touch does not.  I'd rather see the next 2 albums in the Springsteen sequence.

None of this era is his strongest material for sure, but Tunnel of Love is 46 minutes and Human Touch is almost an hour. It’s weirder that Human Touch was a single LP in the first place, outside of some ambient releases I’ve never heard of so much time on one LP. 

The cutoff makes sense to me - Volume 1 covered 12 years, this covers 10, the next one will cover 11 if it goes from The Rising to Wrecking Ball.