RIP - Caleb Scofield

Just now, KingTacoMunster said:

Cave In/Old Man Gloom...in case no one isn't familiar with the name.

and Zozobra too.  Buddy of mine just let me know.  Huge bummer, loved pretty much every band he was in.

https://www.theprp.com/2018/03/29/news/cave-etc-bassist-caleb-scofield-dies-car-accident/

Late to this thread, but a giant loss to his family, friends and music fans as well. Such an awesome musician. I am a huge Cave In fan, so this really bums me out.

Here is the link to help his family. Give what you can, as I'm sure they can use it.

https://www.youcaring.com/jenscofield-1149130

Was spinning Until Your Heart Stops on Thursday night, and then read about this Friday morning waiting for coffee... 

Incredibly sad...

Never saw Cave In live but got to see Old Man Gloom once I imagine that's it for all of his projects so at least I'll have that. Good to see all the support for his family at least...

i haven’t posted on VC (or anywhere really) in ages, and for the most part i’ve kept my cave in obsession to myself. some of the old guarde of deadformat may recall me making a thread about cave in a few years ago, but that’s all lost now. since then, i’ve had no further need or desire to talk about cave in with the internet at large, but caleb’s passing has changed my mind. i took it as a sign that i should try my best to share what i have with anyone that might want it. high quality cassette demo rips, vinyl only release rips, rare cd material, photos/info of just about every version of every release. tell me what you’d like here or via PM, or by chance there is actually enough interest in this, i can start a cave in thread in the general chat forum. cheers to caleb. 

Grabbed the 2xLP and shirt.

This was a huge bummer to hear about and a huge loss. Cave In were one of the first "heavy" bands I got into while transitioning out of Numetal. My buddy who got me into them has a Jupiter satellite tattoo and I may do the same some day.

I was an early 00s Lambgoat kid (I'm sorry) so I still always think "cave in" in my head whenever some tells me something I already know.

6 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

This was a huge bummer to hear about and a huge loss. Cave In were one of the first "heavy" bands I got into while transitioning out of Numetal. My buddy who got me into them has a Jupiter satellite tattoo and I may do the same some day.

My left arm is a sci-fi themed sleeve and I snuck in the Jupiter satellite as part of it.

Caleb's death has been really sitting with me the past few weeks. I never knew him personally, but it totally is a reminder of just how random life is and how final death is. I wonder if Cave In will ever be able to play again. I only saw them twice, and both times they were incredible. The second time was at Krazy Fest in 2011, and they were just fucking flawless:

On 4/15/2018 at 8:57 AM, scottheisel said:

Caleb's death has been really sitting with me the past few weeks. I never knew him personally, but it totally is a reminder of just how random life is and how final death is. I wonder if Cave In will ever be able to play again. I only saw them twice, and both times they were incredible. The second time was at Krazy Fest in 2011, and they were just fucking flawless:

right there with you, scott.  I honestly have no idea why this hits me harder than most.  Never met the guy, but we had a lot of mutual friends.. 

saw cave in a number of times, plea for peace tour in 2001 was maybe the loudest/best set ever.  Cave In literally slayed everyone.  I think Jupiter was out for a couple months?  less than a year i think.  

• 2 weeks later...