MxPx - Full Length #10 (Kickstarter)

Nothing punker than a plush doll of your band mascot.

MxPx was an important part of my upbringing, but I don't get why anyone would choose to listen to new material in 2018, much less pay a premium for it on Kickstarter. Plans Within Plans was okay, but I feel like they've been pretty upfront about being a nostalgia act for the last 10 years or so.

Then again they've made over $1000 in the time I've had the tab open, so what do I know.

• 1 month later...

Ha, didn't see this thread for until now.

I love MXPX. At 16, at a church youth thing-y, I bought Teenage Politics. It was my first experience with anything punk. They were like Fisher Price: my first punk band.They lead me to discover other punk and hardcore bands, the legitimately great bands that impacted most of us here probably. But then, the ethos of punk helped shape my life. To like what I like, to not worry about what other people think is good for me, etc. MXPX were my outlet for that. I've bought pretty much everything they've ever put out. No other band has been with me as long as them. 

So, I'm so happy they did this. Mike has never stopped touring  the band name, even thought Yuri and Tom needed to get full time jobs. But they've been doing weekend tours for a couple years and doing well. I'm glad there's still a demand for their music.

That said, I was going to pledge for a black copy of the new album, but shipping was $10. So $35 for a new record didn't feel like the most important thing. Perhaps I'll end up trading someone for a copy in the future. Happy for them. 

On 5/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, somethingvinyl said:

That said, I was going to pledge for a black copy of the new album, but shipping was $10. So $35 for a new record didn't feel like the most important thing. Perhaps I'll end up trading someone for a copy in the future. Happy for them. 

They should drop some copies on their web store. Hopefully shipping won't be $10 there also...

26 minutes ago, DealsOnVinyl said:

They should drop some copies on their web store. Hopefully shipping won't be $10 there also...

I'm hoping that will happen. I figured there's no way they don't see how easily they could sell another 500-1,000 copies and press them while doing this.

Edited by somethingvinyl