PO: The Coathangers - LIVE

https://store.suicidesqueeze.net/collections/frontpage/products/live-pre-order

The first LP pressing is limited to 1500 copies on tri-color (red, black, white) vinyl. Digital download card included. 

In their thirteen years of existence, Atlanta’s garage punks The Coathangers have cranked out five full-lengths and over a dozen singles, splits, and EPs. And while every Coathangers record has captured their buoyant turbulence and jagged euphoria, there’s always some degree of magic that gets lost when bands go into the studio. Whatever the source of that magic, The Coathangers have always wrangled a replication of that sweaty and sticky live feeling, but the time had come to properly document it.

LIVE captures the playful fervor of The Coathangers at their finest. Says guitarist/vocalist Julia Kugel, “it's like our anthology… our entire career in 38 minutes,” from the slow-burn pop of “Captain’s Dead” off last year’s Parasite EP to the rabblerousing rocker “Tonya Harding” off their self-titled debut. “Gettin’ Mad and Pumpin’ Iron” sounds more unhinged here than when it first appeared on Scramble in 2009. Favorites like “Adderall” sound increasingly ragged and desperate as drummer Stephanie Luke belts out the lyrics on an adrenaline rush. Recent songs like bassist Meredith Franco’s Nosebleed Weekend highlight “Burn Me” feel injected with an urgency that pushes the post-punk number into an unruly anthem. The magic of The Coathangers lives in LIVE.

Track-listing:
1. Watch Your Back
2. Follow Me
3. Smother
4. Arthritis Sux
5. Captain’s Dead
6. Burn Me
7. Make It Right
8. Springfield Cannonball
9. Hurricane
10. Adderall
11. Tonya Harding
12. Gettin’ Mad and Pumpin’ Iron
13. Shut Up
14. Squeeki Tiki 

1 hour ago, shenanigans said:

When's the last time you saw them? I don't find their shows nearly as exciting as they used to be. I've been seeing them live since 2009.

Saw them last year at the Beat Kitchen. Their older live videos on Youtube seem like they used to be more intense and raw live, but there was a great energy and vibe at the show I saw. More restrained than I was expecting, but still really fun. It would have been cool to have a record of them live around the Old Lace era, but I feel like their actual playing wouldn't have been as fun to listen to after the fact. That's just me, though!

2 hours ago, Doomguy13 said:

Saw them last year at the Beat Kitchen. Their older live videos on Youtube seem like they used to be more intense and raw live, but there was a great energy and vibe at the show I saw. More restrained than I was expecting, but still really fun. It would have been cool to have a record of them live around the Old Lace era, but I feel like their actual playing wouldn't have been as fun to listen to after the fact. That's just me, though!

I was at that show too. With Diet Cig and LA Witch.

13 hours ago, Doomguy13 said:

Even around that time their shows had started to mellow out. Pretty much when the keyboard player left. I'm stoked that some of the older songs like Gettin Mad are on here and hope they'll be inserted back into their set list. Pretty bummed that Nestle In My Boobies didn't make it though.

• 1 month later...

The record is pretty cool, it's not amazing quality but the pressing itself is fine, and there is some really fun moments. Strictly for the big fan as I think the studio versions are better, but I pretty much auto-buy anything really since I got into them with Suck My Shirt. If anyone wants to let either of the first 2 albums go for not $100 each hit me up, also down to trade. 

On 6/4/2018 at 9:05 AM, NapalmBrain said:

The record is pretty cool, it's not amazing quality but the pressing itself is fine, and there is some really fun moments. Strictly for the big fan as I think the studio versions are better, but I pretty much auto-buy anything really since I got into them with Suck My Shirt. If anyone wants to let either of the first 2 albums go for not $100 each hit me up, also down to trade. 

On 6/4/2018 at 3:21 PM, shenanigans said:

I kind of can't believe Suicide Squeeze hasn't repressed Scramble. They really don't sell for that much when they do pop up.

About time

https://store.suicidesqueeze.net/collections/frontpage/products/ssq081cassette