PO: Melody's Echo Chamber - Bon Voyage

MEC_3D_LP_-_Mart_large.jpg?v=1522706468

The long awaited sophomore album available on 180g Violet Colored Vinyl with:

- Printed Uncoated Innersleeves Featuring Lyrics

- Bonus Phenakistiscope Insert

- Exclusive 12” Color-in Poster

Also available on Standard Black Vinyl, CD, & Digital

"Melody’s Echo Chamber’s second album finally arrives more than five years after Melody Prochet’s debut, and it’s certainly been worth the wait. Bon Voyage is a mind-blowing mini-opus full to the gunwales with surprises. It’s a capricious trip that builds majestically upon what Pitchfork in 2012 called “enchanting, psychedelic-tinged pop with just the right amount of thematic darkness”. Made up of seven expansive new tracks, it marries Melody’s breathless soprano to the wildest sonic excursions, always pinned to an emphatic, clattering groove."

https://store.fatpossum.com/products/bon-voyage

Edited by zackdumbass

4 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Had to grab a colored version, the packaging looks amazing. I try not to indulge in pre-orders too much working in a record store with access to a discount, but the first album is one of my favorite albums and I couldn't deny myself a special edition for the new one 

It took me a long time to find the first album on peach colored vinyl. I definitely was not going to have that issue again! Plus you're absolutely right, the packaging looks unreal. Totally excited for this one. 

1 hour ago, zackdumbass said:

It took me a long time to find the first album on peach colored vinyl. I definitely was not going to have that issue again! Plus you're absolutely right, the packaging looks unreal. Totally excited for this one. 

wanted one but already had it on black and I rarely double dip on albums, my want list in massive. Sometimes I wish my tastes were narrower haha

6 hours ago, tonyfranciosa said:

also at bullmoose: http://www.bullmoose.com/p/27208093

Dang, 10% off /lower shipping, and I could have used some bullmoose points, too! Not going to cancel with the label, never felt right doing it for a few bucks. Sometimes it pays to wait, other times not. Great deal though for those who haven't ordered yet.

• 2 months later...

This short album is quite eclectic.

She hasn't thrown the entire kitchen sink in there, but the experimentation factor with different sounds/styles/genres, even if only for a few measures (completely caught me off guard more than once) is pretty well out there. 

That's not to say there aren't some minutes when I got what I was expecting, but after 5 listens, I'm smh. With purple. And the trippy little insert.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Maybe it will taken 10 listens...

1 hour ago, drds89 said:

This short album is quite eclectic.

She hasn't thrown the entire kitchen sink in there, but the experimentation factor with different sounds/styles/genres, even if only for a few measures (completely caught me off guard more than once) is pretty well out there. 

That's not to say there aren't some minutes when I got what I was expecting, but after 5 listens, I'm smh. With purple. And the trippy little insert.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Maybe it will taken 10 listens...

I totally agree.

I listened for about 2 weeks of the leak. The first time I heard the first track I thought the leak was messed up and was corrupt. It was like an out of tune radio

It's an interesting listen but still haven't decided the outcome yet.