PO NOW: Caspian - The Four Trees 10 Year Anniversary Press

Nice! They’re doing a contest for this as well for a CD’s and a test press that sounds cool. From Mylene Sheath-

“Hey everyone!

Well, it's hard to believe, but Caspians beloved full length debut "The Four Trees" has turned 11! With everything being so numerical and the world turning binary, it seems like a fitting point to praise this perennial album? :) So, we're repressing this timeless album to crack the code on what it was that actually launched this monumental band in to the stratosphere of a career of releases. In a series of 1's and 0's, The Four Trees is definitely a number 1!

1+1=2 and Will Benoit remastering such a centerfold as The Four Trees is to Caspian's catalog is certainly twofold and geared for binaural bliss. Sounds like quite a Red-Letter Day for this commemorative repress!

So we tried to do a few things different to stay in the fold. We let a Sheather choose a color variant. And if you've ever seen Matt Szymanski's amazing Caspian record collection,  you know he's in it to win it :) The 1 and only Nate Shumaker gave the gatefold jacket a new layout with a matte finish and a spot glossed shiny angel. And... to keep things even more dynamic, we're adding a little luck of the draw to the mix... being that this is such a numeral anniversary repress; a Red-Letter Day; let's add letters to an album that truly never needed to say a word. Anyone who finds a Red letter in the centerfold when they unfold their TFT gatefold will receive free copies of both the 2010 CD reissue and a copy of the 2013 CD reissue :) But then, if all six of the lucky peeps who received a letter are able to coordinate with one another and figure out what the letters combine to say, we'll give each of you a free test press! 

Oh, and we pressed 500 copies this time around, 100 on Matt Szymanski's color choice, 150 on translucent blood red vinyl with white smoke, and 250 on black for the audiophiles.

Let's get it on!”

2 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Who’s Matt Szymanski?

Mattphotographs/Dave Grohl that used to post here. Dunno where he went but he was talking about this like a year ago.

Edit: lol I don't even read user names anymore weren't you roommates? Hahaha

Edited by Sunshine

8 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Yeah I want to get Matt’s variant but I’m not big on tri-colors. Damnit I don’t know now. I already have two copies of this album anyways. I would love to be one of the lucky ones to get a red letter though and maybe get a test.

Same boat here.  I have a 1st press and a 2nd, and still feel inclined to grab a 3rd just to keep the streak alive.  Plus "matte finish with spot glass details" is not something I want to let pass by.  Probably going to stick with red, myself.

15 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Yeah I want to get Matt’s variant but I’m not big on tri-colors. Damnit I don’t know now. I already have two copies of this album anyways. I would love to be one of the lucky ones to get a red letter though and maybe get a test.

Yeah.... gonna pass on that, I have such bad luck with half-half records always being so noisy on one color, I'm not going to risk that at all.  After picking up the Wander/Young Lovers split half-half record and it having the same issue as my Rosetta TGS boxset, no more half-half records for me ever again! 

Curious if they're going to have these on tour next month in Europe... I'd like to just pick one up from them then.  Probably in for the red... I just want to have a gatefold copy with this artwork variant.  Price is very reasonable!

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Tri-Color?  Matt... why you gotta' do us like that?  Torn on what to grab.

You know deep down you love 'em.

1 hour ago, justin_cole12 said:

The half and half pilsner is flawless, so that's why I wasn't scared of going for tri (sound wise). I did tri cause it hasn't been done before in a Caspian release. Splatters, splits, solids, whisps, marbles, splits with splatters, blobs, clears, clears with splatters, transparents; all been done. Really the only one I'd never fuck with is a haze - aka sand paper. Then I went with a color scheme to match. I played around with a few other ideas, but tri just seemed to be at the top of my list. I know tri's have their history of being spotty here or there, as well as splits, but every Sheath record I have sounds great (as well as every TC Caspian release as well).  I also wasn't really super focused on 'which is the best sounding' cause I knew they were doing an audiophile black.  Honestly I just chose tri cause I knew Gumbo wouldn't get it. 

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

I got that tri cause matt’s the dude 

You the true homie.

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah.... gonna pass on that, I have such bad luck with half-half records always being so noisy on one color, I'm not going to risk that at all.  After picking up the Wander/Young Lovers split half-half record and it having the same issue as my Rosetta TGS boxset, no more half-half records for me ever again! 

Curious if they're going to have these on tour next month in Europe... I'd like to just pick one up from them then.  Probably in for the red... I just want to have a gatefold copy with this artwork variant.  Price is very reasonable!

No, they will not. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

Glad to see this is finally happening!!

Matt’s tricolor is very intriguing, it’s an uncommon configuration and I like how the colors he chose go along with the artwork. The matte finish + gloss spots on the jacket are nice touches too. 

I went with both Matt’s tri and trans blood red/white which sounds very cool too.

Can’t wait to hear the remastered sound!

//

While writing this post I have to admit I miss VC and you dudes of the post-rock thread.. a nostalgic moment..

PS: Only 5 left of the tricolor now.

Edited by fizio59