PO NOW: Caspian - The Four Trees 10 Year Anniversary Press

1 hour ago, fizio59 said:

Glad to see this is finally happening!!

Matt’s tricolor is very intriguing, it’s a uncommon configuration and I like how the colors he chose go along with the artwork. The matte finish + gloss spots on the jacket are nice touches too. 

I went with both Matt’s tri and trans blood red/white which sounds very cool too.

Can’t wait to hear the remastered sound!

//

While writing this post I have to admit I miss VC and you dudes of the post-rock thread.. a nostalgic moment..

PS: Only 5 left of the tricolor now.

I miss it too. Bring back @Dave Grohl !

3 hours ago, mesi said:

So you guys think that the remaster will be noticeable?

If you listen to YATC/FT remaster compared to the originals, you can definitely tell the difference. What I'm curious about is if it is new remaster, or if it's the remaster that was from the compilation master. 

1 hour ago, fizio59 said:

Glad to see this is finally happening!!

Matt’s tricolor is very intriguing, it’s an uncommon configuration and I like how the colors he chose go along with the artwork. The matte finish + gloss spots on the jacket are nice touches too. 

I went with both Matt’s tri and trans blood red/white which sounds very cool too.

Can’t wait to hear the remastered sound!

//

While writing this post I have to admit I miss VC and you dudes of the post-rock thread.. a nostalgic moment..

PS: Only 5 left of the tricolor now.

So, a little background. Originally I was really pushing for the OG purple cover. L & J were on board, we talked, we walked, I had picked out some really bitchin' variant ideas. As time went on they decided to shelve the OG purple cover for later. Not entirely sure what exactly they are going to do with it, but they will (hopefully) use it in the future at some point - maybe a 15yr release? Haha. So since we stayed with the tan cover I wanted to do a variant that tied in with that color scheme. I played around with a few ideas, but I just really thought a tri that matched, and a clear piece would look really cool. So what you see if what I ended up going with. I honestly think it's pretty fucking cool. And anyone who doesn't like it can get their own variant, oh wait... ; )

For those curious, the variant I was gonna go with for the OG cover was going to be a A/B clear with violet splatter, C/D transparent purple with white splatter OR a transparent purple /violet / clear tri (if memory serves). Maybe that OG splatter will happen down the road...

But yeah, I'm glad most people are digging it! Apparently it's already sold out. Didn't expect it to go that fast, but damn! Haha. And I miss you too, bud! I don't really know what happened. I think I just hit a wall, and this place was either boring, annoying, or both. Maybe my constant need to talk about records and shit fizzled out. The love of records is still there, but maybe I was just sick of the internet? I don't know. I have a group Whatsapp chat with a few people on here, and that really had me covered. But I do miss people on here. Maybe I'll come back to poke in and say what up every so often. 

The OG purple cover along with its variants sounds very cool but I think I still prefer the tan cover with your tricolor. Damn it sold out very quickly considering that TMS didn't announce the preorder on FB and IG. Glad I got one, dude!!  @Dave Grohl

I can totally understand what you mean Matt, there're different moments in our life, maybe in a year or two, or in 10 years we'll be back here or somewhere talking about the music we love in its best format..

1 minute ago, fizio59 said:

The OG purple cover along with its variants sounds very cool but I think I still prefer the tan cover with your tricolor. Damn it sold out very quickly considering that TMS didn't announce the preorder on FB and IG. Glad I got one, dude!!  @Dave Grohl

I can totally understand what you mean Matt, there're different moments in our life, maybe in a year or two, or in 10 years we'll be back here or somewhere talking about the music we love in its best format..

I woke up this morning, and saw that it's sold out and was really surprised. I thought it'd take another day or so, cause like you said they didn't really announce it on anything except via email. I was considering grabbing two of my variant, but just got one. I'm kinda hoping they throw a test press in... a guy can dream. Haha. And yeah, after a few weeks of back and forth, I actually ended up preferring the color way we landed on. I'm really stoked to see it in person. I love that it matches the cover, and then has that clear section. I don't know why but that illusion of being 2/3s of a record is just damn cool to me.  Glad you snagged one in time!

xx

I'm not superstitious,  gonna keep on  saying it until it happens, I have never had any sound issues with half:half or tricolors. So I grabbed a Tri in memory of Matt's accomplishment of completion.

Miss seeing you around @Dave Grohl  I'm going to see Rosetta at Strange Matter on Thursday. Grabbing a bite with Armine before the show. If you're in town, head on down, since we missed seeing you at the Nothing show a couple years ago (but you didn't miss much, it was a 105 degree fiasco)

1 hour ago, drds89 said:

I'm not superstitious,  gonna keep on  saying it until it happens, I have never had any sound issues with half:half or tricolors. So I grabbed a Tri in memory of Matt's accomplishment of completion.

Miss seeing you around @Dave Grohl  I'm going to see Rosetta at Strange Matter on Thursday. Grabbing a bite with Armine before the show. If you're in town, head on down, since we missed seeing you at the Nothing show a couple years ago (but you didn't miss much, it was a 105 degree fiasco)

Neither have I. I don't know what peoples' deal is. Maybe bad luck, maybe bad set up, maybe they don't know how to clean. But any and every split or tri I've spun have all sounded great. I wouldn't have chosen it if I've suffered pops and cracks, especially with a good handful of Caspian Sheath presses being splits (Tertia, FT, Dust). Glad you were able to grab one! I'm still honestly shocked they sold out under 24 hours, before Sheath or Caspian tweeted about it. Glad Sheath fans out there are still loyal and pull the trigger right out the gate. 

And same, Don! I was also really tempted to go to that show but have to work. It's pretty much all I do these days besides play bass. I work at a music school, so at least my whole life is music these days. Haha. Don't be a stranger though! I have your number so I'll text ya! I'm tempted to start a VC chat party on Whatsapp or something. I have one for a few on here, but it would be cool to have one like we did for IG or something that's a little more chat oriented. I'll sort that out soon enough. 

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Neither have I. I don't know what peoples' deal is. Maybe bad luck, maybe bad set up, maybe they don't know how to clean.

I think the sound quality can be hit or miss, but my qualm is mostly from an aesthetic standpoint.  The colors you / Mylene decided on are perfect, I've just never been a fan of colored wedges.

Hoping the matte jacket and spot gloss looks killer.  Don't see why it wouldn't.  If it turns out nicely enough, hopefully they'll do something similar for a Tertia reissue next year.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I think the sound quality can be hit or miss, but my qualm is mostly from an aesthetic standpoint.  The colors you / Mylene decided on are perfect, I've just never been a fan of colored wedges.

Hoping the matte jacket and spot gloss looks killer.  Don't see why it wouldn't.  If it turns out nicely enough, hopefully they'll do something similar for a Tertia reissue next year.

As long as you're happy that's all that matters. 

8 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

As long as you're happy that's all that matters. 

Haha, alright man.  Obviously I'm one of like 4 or 5 people in the thread who aren't into the variant choice.  "Can't please 'em all" or whatever, sure.  But I quoted that line of your post directly because you were pondering why people had beef.  It's not beating a dead horse; I'm just providing a response to I don't know what peoples' deal is.  Now you know mine.  Fortunately I'm just 1 measly Caspian fan, and I only own about a quarter of your Caspian collection so my opinion is moot.

8 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Haha, alright man.  Obviously I'm one of like 4 or 5 people in the thread who aren't into the variant choice.  "Can't please 'em all" or whatever, sure.  But I quoted that line of your post directly because you were pondering why people had beef.  It's not beating a dead horse; I'm just providing a response to I don't know what peoples' deal is.  Now you know mine.  Fortunately I'm just 1 measly Caspian fan, and I only own about a quarter of your Caspian collection so my opinion is moot.

I was being serious. I just want you be happy! I honestly hope, if you ordered  the tri, you'll  be like 'oh, damn this sweet' and have no audio issues whatsoever. 

And more so just poking fun with the 'I don't know what peoples' deal is'. Some people won't like it, and that's fine, cause you're right, you can't please everyone. I never expected to. It was just in that care free, shrug of the shoulders tone, ya know? Not the elitist snobby way or some shit. 

Andnothing but love for you. 

6 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I was being serious. I just want you be happy! I honestly hope, if you ordered  the tri, you'll  be like 'oh, damn this sweet' and have no audio issues whatsoever. 

And more so just poking fun with the 'I don't know what peoples' deal is'. Some people won't like it, and that's fine, cause you're right, you can't please everyone. I never expected to. It was just in that care free, shrug of the shoulders tone, ya know? Not the elitist snobby way or some shit. 

Andnothing but love for you. 

I’ve been pretty content with my current copies too so I can’t imagine them dropping the ball on another press, right?  Maybe it’s excessive, but I always feel good about supporting Mylene if not for future presses and projects.  But at the end of the day, who really needs a 3rd copy of a Caspian record? ;)

They going to give you a leg-in on the Tertia variants?  Maybe we can get a glow-in-the-dark pic disc going.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I’ve been pretty content with my current copies too so I can’t imagine them dropping the ball on another press, right?  Maybe it’s excessive, but I always feel good about supporting Mylene if not for future presses and projects.  But at the end of the day, who really needs a 3rd copy of a Caspian record? ;)

They going to give you a leg-in on the Tertia variants?  Maybe we can get a glow-in-the-dark pic disc going.

Exactly. I would have gone a different route given different situations. If it was the first press, different choice. If it was the OG cover (which the band doesn't like), different choice. If some variants weren't already used in other releases, different choices. Etc etc. And you're right, no one needs a third copy. ;)

I'll definitely put the word in to make that happen. Can we make it haze, too?