PO NOW: Caspian - The Four Trees 10 Year Anniversary Press

42 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'll definitely put the word in to make that happen. Can we make it haze, too?

It is the only way.

36 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Glow in the dark lathe cut with metallic gold haze 

18 minutes ago, ethereal said:

and throw some glitter in that bitch 

If it was /100 it would actually sell out, too.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

It is the only way.

If it was /100 it would actually sell out, too.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

It's funny cuz that variant isn't as dumb as some of the King Gizzard Polywannacracker variants that are still being made.

Just make the absolute worst monstrosity of a pressing one could possibly imagine, also charge more for it. Profit. It'll be the record equivalent of getting a little bit of every soda at the soda machine.  

25 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

This is actually the only Caspian record I haven't listened to. It's been out of print since I got into the band and all my first listens were on vinyl so I haven't felt compelled to break that. How's it compare to Tertia/Waking/Dust?

Dude, Moksha though. Holy shit is that song amazing. Honestly Four Trees is some of my favorite live material. I think you should do yourself a favor and go listen to it. If you wanna wait till you get a copy, that's fine. I don't blame you. Comparing it to the rest of their work, ... it's like a longer, louder, more in your face, more built up version of YATC. It's definitely not as dark as Dust though for obvious reasons. The main thing it has in common with the rest of their work is that it doesn't let down, start to finish. 

Don't know many bands that I'd say there is not a single song they've written that I want to skip over or can't wait until  it is over.

And now I've got a Triangular Tricolor variant of 4T on the way, too, thanks to Matt Grohl! :) 

I'll beep the horn when we head past your place @Dave Grohl / catch up with you soon.

4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

This is actually the only Caspian record I haven't listened to. It's been out of print since I got into the band and all my first listens were on vinyl so I haven't felt compelled to break that. How's it compare to Tertia/Waking/Dust?

It's very good, but if Tertia and Waking Season are 100/100, I'd say Four Trees is like a 92 and Dust is like a 96.  The material translates much better live than on record in my view.  Moksha from Larcom is absolutely legit. 

4 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Waking Season is probably the best intro to Caspian, imo.

I agree, but I'm pretty sure that dude was trolling ;) 

Tri-color looks super cool, I'm just tired of buying half/halfs and not being totally psyched on it because one of the colors always always has a noticeably higher noisefloor, even after cleaning.  Maybe I suck at cleaning, but if I'm able to get other records silent, it stands to reason that my method is sound.  So who knows!

Really curious to hear the remaster, though.  Hopefully some info comes out as to whether its an entirely new remaster, or just a repressing of the remaster done for the compilation. 

Have some updates/info:

* The remaster is the same master as the 3xLP (YATC/FT comp). 

*This pressing had a new run of test presses. It wasn't simply ran again from the old plates. 

* The LPs will be shipped to Mylene on 4/17. 

* 150 of /250 Black will be reserved for Red Letter to distribute to brick and mortar stores.

* A handful of the /150 Red will be thrown into the 150 Black for record stores as a surprise.

* I'm pretty sure the test press will be /10. I'll post photos when I get my hands on one. 

* This release was originally going to come out mid summer, but hit snags. Was then gonna come out mid February, but hit more snags. They were supposed to have the LPs now to ship, but hit more snags. I've been in contact with them since Nov. 2016 if memory serves -- when we originally started talking about a 10yr Repress. (I'll have to dig up the emails.)

* Joel and Lindsay really appreciate everyone's patience, loyalty, and love.