The National: Cherry Tree Membership w/ Exclusive Annual Vinyl

Cherry Tree just went live. It's a fan membership from The National, which like other band programs includes perks such as an Exclusive Annual Vinyl release. I imagine that vinyl will be a 7", but that is just an assumption right now.

$50 US per year.

Details at this link:

https://americanmary.com/cherry-tree/

Edited by tvrec

Just now, timsimmons said:

I'm giving it a shot. I just hope its a 12" with an EPs to an LPs worth of stuff (most likely live) as opposed to a 7". 

Yeah. I'm hoping they don't go the old R.E.M. fan club route and make it a 7" of the band playing a loosely rehearsed Christmas song. But $50 is (relatively) affordable even if the final tangible products are underwhelming. Merch exclusives are a big zero for me but the pre-order tickets might have value if/when they play LA again in the next 12 months.

For me, I'll always use the Pearl Jam fan club as a baseline. Ten Club costs $40/yr and you get a 7", a shirt, a newsletter and a DL code for a bootleg. Plus the access to tickets and exclusive merch.  Its always been a  great club, and even if the single sucks or the shirt sucks (it usually does), it still feels like a good value. 

Thats why I'm hoping for at least a 12" with an EPs worth or material for the vinyl component. Hopefully it doesn't end up being like a cash grab. 

Hopefully in a  world with 10c and TMR Vault, they can see what people find of value for these clubs and can deliver. 

3 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

For me, I'll always use the Pearl Jam fan club as a baseline. Ten Club costs $40/yr and you get a 7", a shirt, a newsletter and a DL code for a bootleg. Plus the access to tickets and exclusive merch.  Its always been a  great club, and even if the single sucks or the shirt sucks (it usually does), it still feels like a good value. 

Thats why I'm hoping for at least a 12" with an EPs worth or material for the vinyl component. Hopefully it doesn't end up being like a cash grab. 

Hopefully in a  world with 10c and TMR Vault, they can see what people find of value for these clubs and can deliver. 

Something that they haven't promised at all but would make the club my favorite thing in the world is if they stocked extra copies of RSD releases, like that Boxer live album, and/or had enough members to make member exclusive pressings of releases. I'm more happy to pay $50 a year to have access to buy a $40 record of something unique or weird or rare from them rather than an exclusive shirt/sweater design for $40-60.

1 hour ago, tvrec said:

Your wish-- SWB-- comes true: two LA dates, 9/20 & 21 with Cherry Tree presale on 4/16. 

I saw that! Thanks for looking out.

I saw them play the Hollywood Bowl last year, which would normally fill my National live quota for a while, but my wife had a last second business trip so she missed out. Then we saw them this year at a 7 band radio station mega lineup but they played 5 songs and the crowd was walking around and talking during their set (and they didn't play Dark Side of the Gym, our favorite SWB track), so my wife still hasn't seen them in their full new record glory. Hopefully, we get two tickets to that Friday show.

20 hours ago, swb said:

I saw that! Thanks for looking out.

I saw them play the Hollywood Bowl last year, which would normally fill my National live quota for a while, but my wife had a last second business trip so she missed out. Then we saw them this year at a 7 band radio station mega lineup but they played 5 songs and the crowd was walking around and talking during their set (and they didn't play Dark Side of the Gym, our favorite SWB track), so my wife still hasn't seen them in their full new record glory. Hopefully, we get two tickets to that Friday show.

Good luck. It will be the first test of these pre-sale codes, I suppose.

I didn't see that Bowl show. (I hesitate to see them at such a large venue.) Palladium will be good though.

1 hour ago, tvrec said:

I didn't see that Bowl show. (I hesitate to see them at such a large venue.) Palladium will be good though.

I hate the Bowl but it was better than any other Bowl show I've seen and still fun enough. I do miss when they'd play the Troubadour and I could stand 15 feet away from the band.

1 hour ago, dreamover said:

Does it say anywhere that the membership fee includes the exclusive vinyl? Or will there just be exclusive vinyl in the store?

Cherry Tree membership perks will include:

– Exclusive content

– Exclusive, limited edition, and vintage merchandise

– Priority ticketing

– Annual collectible vinyl (included with membership)

– And more

On 4/13/2018 at 12:31 PM, Skacel said:

Cherry Tree membership perks will include:

– Exclusive content

– Exclusive, limited edition, and vintage merchandise

– Priority ticketing

– Annual collectible vinyl (included with membership)

– And more

The website is missing the (included with membership) part. Where is this pasted from?

On 4/13/2018 at 8:18 AM, tvrec said:

Not sure how scarce the availability is or how many Cherry Tree members there are but the pre-sale went pretty easy and smooth for me just now. I decided to do the Friday date since I have an early day job. Hope you got yours easy too.

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Big fan of how the ticketing went on. I can only imagine that it will get more difficult as member numbers swell, but it was easy to buy and the seats are great.

Yeah, I was just able to pull up Rows 5-7 at Red Rocks a few hours after presale started. Didn't grab them as the show is on a Tuesday and travelling from SF to see them midweek isn't ideal.