The National: Cherry Tree Membership w/ Exclusive Annual Vinyl

On 4/16/2018 at 10:10 AM, swb said:

Not sure how scarce the availability is or how many Cherry Tree members there are but the pre-sale went pretty easy and smooth for me just now. I decided to do the Friday date since I have an early day job. Hope you got yours easy too.

Yeah, it went really smoothly for me, too. I also did the Friday night -- it's the night of choice for old men. LOL.

• 3 months later...

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Cherry Tree members,

We're excited to share the artwork and tracklist for Cherry Tree Vol. 1.

Mixed by Jonathan Low (Boxer Live in Brussels) and presented on 180 gram colored vinyl, Cherry Tree Vol. 1 is included with your membership and will be delivered to Cherry Tree members later this year.

Cherry Tree Vol. 1:

All The Wine - Toronto, Canada - 4.11.2014

Wasp Nest - Manchester, United Kingdom - 9.23.2017

90-Mile Water Wall - Rome, Italy - 7.23.2014

Lucky You - Berlin, Germany - 11.4.2013

Son - Hudson, United States - 7.15.2017

All Dolled-Up in Straps - Rome, Italy - 7.23.2014

Available / Cardinal Song - Chicago, United States - 4.17.2014

Murder Me Rachael - Austin, United States - 4.23.2014

About Today - London, United Kingdom - 11.26.2014

Edited by PookdaddyG

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

this live record is a true gift for legit national fans that aren't bandwagoners from high violet on and I'm so grateful that it's getting pressed

I hate people who haven't been into a band since their first album was released and then they get into them and all of a sudden they think they're legit fans. Stupid bandwagoners!!!!

27 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I hate people who haven't been into a band since their first album was released and then they get into them and all of a sudden they think they're legit fans. Stupid bandwagoners!!!!

Fucking assholes. I hope this release shows them how shallow they are.

The National remind me a lot of R.E.M. in that they seem like thoughtful dudes who follow their artistic impulses but are also very deliberate about longterm business/career stuff and want to put out a good product/experience for fans. I knew the club and the vinyl release would be something cool and worth the cost and, so far, it feels like it has been. Snagged live tickets in advance for their LA dates and I'm all about this live 12".

10 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

What I meant was that they weren't catering to people who just want to hear recent hits and went deeper into their catalog. 

But please continue being bitter fucks ITT it's amusing me 

No one's bitter you just say funny things that are easy to make fun of man. We all get annoyed at shows when fans dont stop shouting "play [insert most popular song here]" over and over don't worry.

59 minutes ago, mintplusplus said:

The National remind me a lot of R.E.M. in that they seem like thoughtful dudes who follow their artistic impulses but are also very deliberate about longterm business/career stuff and want to put out a good product/experience for fans. I knew the club and the vinyl release would be something cool and worth the cost and, so far, it feels like it has been. Snagged live tickets in advance for their LA dates and I'm all about this live 12".

I've always felt this too. Their rise has also been very REM like, which is great to see in this digital age. 

14 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Everyone knows Boxer is the bandwagon album.

If they were someone's favorite band when all they had out was the self-titled, I'll give that person major props for foresight. Haha. Otherwise, every single album and EP since then has been a pretty tempting invitation to get aboard the old bandwagon, IMO.

1 hour ago, simple_torture said:

Before I plunk down this $50, has anyone seen confirmation that if we sign up now we get that LP?

Its not confirmed, but them posting that today and saying join now, makes me think that if you join in 2018, you'll get this LP. 

I wouldn't be surprised if their year is June to May.  I think you'll be good.