PO NOW: Hopesfall - Arbiter

9 hours ago, highfives said:

I take it that doesn't excite you?  I know everyone loves The Satellite Years, myself included, but those dudes aren't all playing together.  

They did say they'd love to work with Matt again, so maybe they could get a similar vibe if they do?  I doubt it'd be a hardcore thing again, but I'd love to hear whatever it is.

It totally excites me, I love MN. I love their earlier stuff too; A-Types is the only album that I wasn't fully sold on, and even then I really like some tracks on there. 

Edited by andynz

4 minutes ago, andynz said:

It totally excites me, I love MN. I love their earlier stuff too; A-Types is the only album that I wasn't fully sold on, and even then I really like some tracks on there. 

That's me as well.  I love about half of A-Types, but the rest seems like mediocre filler.  Magnetic North pretty much bangs the whole way through and was a nice blend of their alternative/post-grunge style and the earlier hardcore stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

TSY was a 15/10 for me since it first came out...and everything after was very much not for me. 
I'm hoping that this is at least MOST of what I love about TSY. The new song makes me feel fairly confident, but I guess we'll see.

I also now realized, I can't remember whether I ordered this or not. I thought I grabbed one when the preorder went live, but I don't see anything in my PayPal history that seems like it matches this. Guess it'll be a surprise for me when these start shipping!

I didn’t truly jump on board until Magnetic North.  After listening to the podcast with the drummer, it sounds like they wrote the music for all the songs first completely before the lyrics and vocals were done.  He said the music needed to keep the band stoked to play it because they had no idea what the vocals would sound like.  New song supposedly is a good barometer of the rest of the album as far as what to expect from them.  Said it’s definitely not an outlier as far as the heavy, aggressive factor or what not.  I’m pretty stoked to hear this thing.  He also said it took them 4 years to finish from the time the first songs were written.  Haha. 

15 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I hate TSY 

embarassed-for-u.gif

In all seriousness, it's all good. I can see why some people wouldn't care for TSY compared to what they made after it.

Personally, TSY means so much to me. I found it at a rough time in my life and it was everything I needed at the moment. (Cliché, I know)

• 2 weeks later...

it's up on amazon too, asked EV about the color. Will update accordingly.

https://www.amazon.com/Arbiter-Hopesfall/dp/B07D35BG74/

EDIT:

got the answer

"It will be a black and pink vinyl." (still not 100% percent sure if it's 2 different variant, or just another split color.)

Edited by xfactor675