DEAFHEAVEN - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love

6 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

thx 4 the update. please keep us posted on your decision.

And here I was thinking I was the only one who didn’t find pertinence in a dude edibles lmao post.  This thread continues to deliver.

Not as interesting as what I may or may not spend $30 on, but here’s some alleged runtimes for anyone curious.

01. You Without End – 7:36
02. Honeycomb – 11:04
03. Canary Yellow – 12:17
04. Near – 5:28
05. Glint – 10:57
06. Night People – 4:07
07. Worthless Animal – 10:07

Over an hour of new tunes all in all.

Just now, Derek™ said:

And here I was thinking I was the only one who didn’t find pertinence in a dude edibles lmao post.  This thread continues to deliver.

Not as interesting as what I may or may not spend $30 on, but here’s some alleged runtimes for anyone curious.

01. You Without End – 7:36
02. Honeycomb – 11:04
03. Canary Yellow – 12:17
04. Near – 5:28
05. Glint – 10:57
06. Night People – 4:07
07. Worthless Animal – 10:07

Over an hour of new tunes all in all.

if runtimes alone are anything to go by.... this album is poised to be an instant classic.

but for real, this single is exciting. after rolo tomassi, khruangbin, and hop along have released the only elite-level albums this year (in my book, which no one cares about) I'll be honest, pretty excited for this album.

On 4/18/2018 at 1:46 PM, holyvacantsholyhell said:

But c'mon, how hard would it have been to throw up a cloudy clear w/ some combination of green/yellow/pink/blue  splatter out of like 300 and maybe a silver/grey and black marble/merge out of 500. Then give DW 500 clear, and throw the rest of the 2,000 batch on some tour variant along with standard black  and call it a day?

Hi. I'm here for my 10:00 appointment to lecture you on hypocrisy.

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

Hi. I'm here for my 10:00 appointment to lecture you on hypocrisy.

I ordered it, not sure how wishful thinking is the same as bitching because you don’t approve of the rollout for a new album lol.

REALLY struck a nerve there for you to dig through my posting history.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

1 minute ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I ordered it, not sure how wishful thinking is the same as bitching because you don’t approve of the rollout for a new album lol.

Looks like I struck a nerve with you just by being. And it wasn't hard to look at the last 6 of a whopping 32 posts. Anyway just thought I'd serve you a similar bowl of shit out of nowhere for nothing like you felt the need to do with me. Enjoy the rest of your day.

2 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

There is no difference between your post and his I was laughing my ass off when i read your post telling him off for it. If anything you're worse wanting fancy deluxe versions than he is wanting a basic black copy for normal folk.

Edited by Sunshine

32 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

There is no difference between your post and his I was laughing my ass off when i read your post telling him off for it. If anything you're worse wanting fancy deluxe versions than he is wanting a basic black copy for normal folk.

Thank you! Me wanting a label to make an album easier to get is more in line with the purpose of a label manufacturing albums (to sell as many as possible and move them as easily as possibly to paying customers) than taking the time to make vinyl colors that match the album art as closely to someone's individual approval as possible.

Plus, this Deafheaven album complete full on pressing detail directly from the label's mouth to their customers. The TMR/Sleep details are terribly cagey, hidden and just as full of fuckery as a typical over-hyped, overly scarce version of a release on its big-deal super-secret release date. Its enough to piss off a willfully paying customer (and a Sleep fanatic at that) who can't find a store stocked plentifully enough to pay to get the album. I'm begging them to let me give them my money through a physical record store and I'm apparently entitled for it.

21 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Pretty awesome.  I’ve made a very comparable drive on multiple occasions to see them and it’s entirely worth it, without fail.  Extended Sunbather is a doozy.

Extended Sunbather?? Sounds intriguing. I will add this: it's ideal to see them in a smaller indoor venue. Much more powerful imo.

17 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

its hard to gauge outcomes in live videos tho...so I was wondering from personal experience. also don't know if I could take watching George for the whole show...

Yeah, I saw them when he had the Richard Spencer haircut and they were  great. I don't think I could watch him if he did this white Michael Jackson interpretive dancing. The band sounds good. Try watching the video with the sound off. It's even funnier.

Yeah I’m excited about this but does anyone else kinda not digging the production? Guitars are so muted... all I’m hearing is thunderous drumming and screaming. Just seems really muffled or something compared to the last few.  

I guess it’s a stylistic choice but is anyone else hearing  the same thing? 

11 minutes ago, thetrackt said:

Yeah I’m excited about this but does anyone else kinda not digging the production? Guitars are so muted... all I’m hearing is thunderous drumming and screaming. Just seems really muffled or something compared to the last few.  

I guess it’s a stylistic choice but is anyone else hearing  the same thing? 

Nope.  The guitars in the verses sound just as shoegazey as anything off RTJ or Sunbather, and really shine and sparkle in the solos.  Granted I haven't taken out a quality pair of headphones to stream the single on Youtube, I didn't find the production jarring at all.  Just my 2¢.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Nope.  The guitars in the verses sound just as shoegazey as anything off RTJ or Sunbather, and really shine and sparkle in the solos.  Granted I haven't taken out a quality pair of headphones to stream the single on Youtube, I didn't find the production jarring at all.  Just my 2¢.

Right on. Yeah  The first thing I did was put on New Bermuda and sunbather to see  if I was imagining things. The production is def less crisp on Honeycomb... but it may just be more ‘ethereal’ or something. I’ll have to see when the whole thing drops. I don’t dislike it, but it sounds  uneven to me. Studio fuckery most likely.