PO SOON : Sleep - The Sciences

2 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

so whats the difference. the limited 4/20 is the black/green split or just the normal 10k green? or is the black/green split for RSD and the 4/20 is normal green 10k?

/1000 split got distributed to the stores on the list someone posted earlier, the /10000 is the (green) first pressing which will be available shortly as a wide, distributed release

3 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

/1000 split got distributed to the stores on the list someone posted earlier, the /10000 is the (green) first pressing which will be available shortly as a wide, distributed release

ah. so the copies online at record stores are just the normal green.

Just now, thebaucom said:

Made a deal with a guy on an OK Beer Trading Forum to grab me one from Guestroom Records in OKC.  Paid him cost plus some beer.

Came out to $48.88 with tax I think.  He said the OKC store got 10 copies and the store in Norman only got 5.

I saw your post.  There was no way I was making it to either store today though.  Figured they'd sell out as soon as they opened.

Just now, OldKentuckyShark said:

I saw your post.  There was no way I was making it to either store today though.  Figured they'd sell out as soon as they opened.

Yeah, my guy was 5th in line and I'm pretty sure the rest were gone right after.  Probably going to throw in some extra beers on top of my offer for jumping on this for me!

I just heard from a store that they are strictly prohibited from selling the /1000 online. Long line in the morning. Their store got 50 and they have three left. My buddy can't get there until 3, so I'm sol. I knew I should have taken the day off. All hope is lost.

Edited by lexicondevil

2 minutes ago, archiced said:

There will be a worldwide release of the first press ?

When I said "wide" I meant it would be carried by all the usual suspects that carry normal TMR stuff (for example, it's up on BullMoose now). I wanna assume that it would be available in non-US retail spots, but I can't really verify that, I'm just guessing.

Unrelated but anyone else think it's kinda funny that literally every Sleep release is on a different label? (Not to mention the Dopesmoker reissue adds Southern Lord to that list).

Rx4Ww4d.jpg

Any VMP members looking to save a trip to the store or shipping costs can grab the standard black version for $30 flat:

https://app.vinylmeplease.com/products/curated-add-ons/sleep-the-sciences

Edited by pepperonigin
Incorrectly assumed it was green press, it is black

The store in Brooklyn had around 20 people on line when it opened(about 15 minutes after the store was supposed to open). The girl behind the counter didn't have any idea where the records were. We all stood inside waiting for a bit(and by that time there were another 5 people who showed up) as she looked around, called the manager etc. Finally she realized they didn't get their shipment yet. So they took all our names. numbers and email and said they would call us when it came in. They said they were getting 25 copies so all the people in the store at that time would be guaranteed one. It's a really tiny store that i had never been to. 

FWIW, I spoke to the guy at Rough Trade in Brooklyn this morning and he said even though they weren't on the list, they were getting the split as well. He said all the stores on the east coast, of which there weren't many, had their shipments delayed and wouldn't be getting them till Monday. Makes sense as I called the Newbury in Boston this morning that's on the list and they said they only had got the green so far.

5 minutes ago, Darnoc said:

There were only 5 of us waiting when radioactive opened, and they had ~14 copies total. Probably all gone now, but worth a shot to check

My understanding is that they sold out in 30 minutes.

Should have gone to work late.

First this, now no terpene beers at Invasive Species.

WORST.
FOUR.
TWENTY.
EVER.

2 minutes ago, Darnoc said:

There were only 5 of us waiting when radioactive opened, and they had ~14 copies total. Probably all gone now, but worth a shot to check

I live in Pembroke Pines now so it's just far enough to be out of quick trip range or I would have. For some reason I thought this was a RSD thing I could grab tomorrow morning.