Best Box to Ship Records

Hey all, as noted in the trade section, I'm selling a huge part of my collection. I had about 80 boxes that I'd hoarded from other orders, but at some point I'll probably have to buy more boxes. While shipping I noted that the standard boxes by Whiplash are used for a ton of labels. I like that I can get about 3-4 records in it as well. While slightly more expensive I was also looking into the Sleeve City mailers. From their other products I'd assume they're good. Also when you order in bulk, there's a discount. Plus their monthly sale makes them cheaper that the boxes from Whiplash.

So anyone that runs a small label or whatever have experience with a certain brand of mailer. Comments on the Sleeve City or Whiplash Mailers?

3 hours ago, swb said:

I use the Pratt mailers, which are also known as Amazon-style mailers.

And then I add 2 of these cardboard squares per mailer.

Adds maybe ~$2 to your costs but you will be sending out well packed and extra secure orders, which are worth the cost in peace of mind as a seller, IMO.

I have been shipping for a few years now and have always regarded those cardboard squares as a big waste of money.

If you buy a lot of records, usually you'll receive a ton of mailers. Those that can't be reused, I have one of those big handle paper slicers - I cut em 12 by 12 and recycle the scraps. They're not always pretty but I can tell they stop shifting just as well as "standard' ones. Just fill the space. This is especially useful if you use amazon prime and get one record at a time.

12 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

I have been shipping for a few years now and have always regarded those cardboard squares as a big waste of money.

If you buy a lot of records, usually you'll receive a ton of mailers. Those that can't be reused, I have one of those big handle paper slicers - I cut em 12 by 12 and recycle the scraps. They're not always pretty but I can tell they stop shifting just as well as "standard' ones. Just fill the space. This is especially useful if you use amazon prime and get one record at a time.

Totally! I do that too! But I inevitably run out of the recycled self-cut squares, so I'll just buy 100 of them already cut and I don't have to worry about making my own for a while. Then those run out and I go back to using ones I've cut and the cycle repeats. I actually just bought a few pieces of furniture that came boxed and I went to town with my blade making squares. It is kinda satisfying to make your own supply.