WTB: Records at 2011 prices

silentsoliloquy

Hello,

This is a waste of everyone's time, but I'd just like to express a desire to purchase absolutely everything I didn't act on/didn't have the money for at their pre-boom prices. All the poor sad records that have $200+ markups and are on ebay being displayed with the grooves smashed onto someone's gross carpet or grease-filthy kitchen stove. 

I don't want to flip them. I don't want to use them as credibility badges, because the few people I talk to are already steeped in the storied history of how desperately I want to feel like I belong to a special era of music. I just want to hoard them lovingly in my collection and play them as tickets to a place out of my existence.

I want to admire their lovely variations and hues and blare them. That is all.

So yeah, sell me a You Fail Me with a screenprinted cover for $30. Drop me a green BDM ritual for $15ppd.  

Thanks and yabba dabba doo.

That Bridge better go all the way to Terebithia. And even poor Discogs is full of outrageous inflation.

I've had some luck here, actually, with things staying pretty reasonable, but I'm having more luck building a glass palace of empty liquor bottles. I collect toxins in my liver because it's cheaper than 2018 shipping prices. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 11:54 AM, silentsoliloquy said:

My theoretical world of 2011 does not include Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call me Maybe.'

Should you choose to move into the unknown frontier of 2012, you invoke this cursed monstrosity and must live  with it. Choose wisely.

In 2012 us fine folks up in Canada were kind enough to bless you with both Call Me Maybe AND a Propagandhi LP!!! Thus prompting a deep seeded inferiority complex in the USA and being solely responsible for the MAGA movement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 7:59 AM, cside said:

In 2012 us fine folks up in Canada were kind enough to bless you with both Call Me Maybe AND a Propagandhi LP!!! Thus prompting a deep seeded inferiority complex in the USA and being solely responsible for the MAGA movement.

This is a likely explanation.

The MAGA hats confuse me, because they imply that the wearer understands that America is in a state of not-greatness. Try pointing that out, and all available sonic airspace for a 250 foot radius will be stolen to deliver a litany of "HEYLIBTARD YOUDONTLIKEITHERE YOUGOTOAFRICA WHERETHEYSOHUNGRYTHEYEATROCKS MERICASGREAT MERICASTHEFINESTNATIONINTHEWORLDYOUCOMMIESCUM"

(But your hat literally says in plain English that it isn't....)

On 4/26/2018 at 12:44 PM, burntwolf said:

if you thought 2011 was great, you should've been around in 2002...you could find loads of great finds in the stores and they were practically giving them away pushing the vinyl off into corners of the store...

You should've seen the ppd mailorder prices of the 1990s. A wonka-like world of wonder and joy. And get this....They put FREE THINGS into your order and would replace damaged items.

I use 2011 as about the point where from my humble perspective, Things Got Out Of Hand (TM). Major labels flooding RSD with high ticket garbage releases, the advent of the $40 pre-order, etc...

Sucks for everybody. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2018 at 12:22 PM, silentsoliloquy said:

You should've seen the ppd mailorder prices of the 1990s. A wonka-like world of wonder and joy. And get this....They put FREE THINGS into your order and would replace damaged items.

I use 2011 as about the point where from my humble perspective, Things Got Out Of Hand (TM). Major labels flooding RSD with high ticket garbage releases, the advent of the $40 pre-order, etc...

Sucks for everybody. 

i did. and stuff came super fast w/o seam splits. 

On 4/19/2018 at 7:06 PM, silentsoliloquy said:

So yeah, sell me a You Fail Me with a screenprinted cover for $30. Drop me a green BDM ritual for $15ppd.  

Thanks and yabba dabba doo.

I had some stupid goal to get all of the YFM variants around 2011-2012 ish and I remember trying to justify spending $60 on that screenprinted cover. I can only imagine what it would go for now.

Nothing will beat the 1850s. Forget vinyl, I could hire a whole 12 piece band full of banjos, fiddles and washboards to play LIVE for me and it cost no more than room in the back of my covered wagon and passage to the Oregon territories.

Sure it upped my family’s chance of catching dysentary but it was well with it for those sweet, sweet pre-Wilco Americana tunes.

• 2 months later...
On 7/19/2018 at 10:25 PM, somethingvinyl said:

I had some stupid goal to get all of the YFM variants around 2011-2012 ish and I remember trying to justify spending $60 on that screenprinted cover. I can only imagine what it would go for now.

Yeah, there are some things that I balked at because given the backdrop of record selling, they seemed foolishly inflated. 

I wouldn’t spend $50 on a Saetia tour press. Probably should’ve.

My biggest record woe is selling an original Schism records Project X 7” 

I let it go in the late nineties because “wow so much money and this is probably the high water mark for records”

A hundred measly bucks.

On 7/24/2018 at 8:12 PM, unknown pleasures said:

Nothing will beat the 1850s. Forget vinyl, I could hire a whole 12 piece band full of banjos, fiddles and washboards to play LIVE for me and it cost no more than room in the back of my covered wagon and passage to the Oregon territories.

Sure it upped my family’s chance of catching dysentary but it was well with it for those sweet, sweet pre-Wilco Americana tunes.

“You’ve reached the Green River crossing. What would you like to do?”

1. Attempt to ford the river.
2. Pay for a ferry to take you across.