ONLINE Record Store Day 2018 - deals, on-sale times, wants lists OK

14 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

I've been reading reviews this weekend and a couple of live albums I passed on are getting great write-ups:

David Bowie 'Welcome To The Blackout' 3-LP

Duran Duran 'Thanksgiving' 2-LP

If anyone sees these online at retail price would you let me know?  Thanks!  

I don't think you'll have much trouble finding the Bowie.... Seems like they pressed a TON and a lot of stores have overstock. That said, it's not cheap..... The lowest retail price I saw was $44.99.

One of my locals looks to have a BUNCH leftover. On Saturday afternoon he was sitting on close to 30 copies, and he's not a big store. He's not selling RSD leftovers on his Discogs page, but I bet if you reached out he'd sell you one. His price was $50.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/reporecord/profile

33 minutes ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

Anyone else trying to get these Sigur Ros records? Site is impossible to get through.

yeah i've had them carted since right when they went up, and have been trying constantly since then to checkout, no dice.

i can get to the 'one step checkout' screen and it hangs trying to calculate shipping, then it either throws up an error, or i get kicked back to the cart

1 minute ago, rrd said:

yeah i've had them carted since right when they went up, and have been trying constantly since then to checkout, no dice.

i can get to the 'one step checkout' screen and it hangs trying to calculate shipping, then it either throws up an error, or i get kicked back to the cart

The XL cart is fucking horrible. It auto-crashes every time during checkout when it attempts to calculate postage rates, as it tries to run new processes through its already slow and shoddy system.

3 hours ago, merlecakes said:

Was able to finally nab a Ben Kweller.  If Dr. Strange comes through, I went 3/4.  Not bad.

They probably won't. They like to put everything online so people order from them 1st and then they cancel whatever they sell out of in store. Also if you ordered multiple things and any of them aren't available they'll just ship you what they have without letting you know about the ones that sold out.

1 hour ago, filthyrich said:

My local had several copies of Daughter, didn't realize it was so hard to find!

I'll have to check what their price is... Can't seem to find the retail cost. But I could mail you a copy for cost plus $5 for postage/packing.

I'd do this if you can secure a copy.  Thanks, let me know!