Most Ridicuous Thing You Saw on RSD?

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Sufjan was the only questionably priced RSD item for me, this year.  As a 10”, it was just a few bucks shy of what I paid for a double LP.  Other than that, I think the prices were decent.  Based on what I was after, anyway.

Craziest thing I witnessed was an actual crowd at my local record shop, who gobbled up half the releases I was interested in.  I say “crazy” because the shop seemed way more inactive last RSD.  It’s also located in a tiny Northern California town where most customers only buy classic rock reissues, and never give me competition for the “indie shit” I enjoy purchasing.  Clearly I underestimated the demographic this time around.

What county or town if you don't mind saying?

Craziest thing I saw was a guy drop $1000+, and one of the record stores I went to  only had one register open and I stood in line to buy one record  for 45+ minutes 2 hours after they opened. And I bought that record for someone who backed out after I bought it so if you want The Residents release for cost hit me up

Edited by CatsNJazz

1 hour ago, CatsNJazz said:

Craziest thing I saw was a guy drop $1000+, and one of the record stores I went to  only had one register open and I stood in line to buy one record  for 45+ minutes 2 hours after they opened. And I bought that record for someone who backed out after I bought it so if you want The Residents release for cost hit me up

I do please.

31 minutes ago, DC1221 said:

The most ridiculous thing I saw was how easy it was for me. Got in line maybe a half hour before the shop opened, grabbed what I wanted, and went home.

That's how it always has been for me living while living in Montana and Kansas City. I honestly wouldnt be into lining up the night before like they do at larger shops. 

6 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

Not crazy, but the weirdest thing was something that I didn't see, and that was that neither of the shops I went to received a single copy of the Arcade Fire EP.  Was just surprised since there were so many pressed.  Ah well, I'll be able to live without it.  

I'm convinced 3/4 of record stores didn't get it yet.

5 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

Was that the issue?  The owner at the one shop said a bunch of the stuff he was supposed to get hadn't arrived yet.

There was definitely a delay. Pics didn't show up anywhere online until like a day before RSD and you still don't see it anywhere at all. No shops down here got it and that just doesn't happen.